[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a problem that I need to get fixed ASAP, which is causing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (410 KB, 1193x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
410 KB, 1193x1600
I have a problem that I need to get fixed ASAP, which is causing me massive, lethal amounts of stress.

however, I am told that the problem cannot be fixed while I am under such massive amounts of stress, as they believe fixing the problem would be more stressful to me than not having it fixed.

How do you stop being stressed in order to have the source of stress fixed when the problem at hand is the literally only source of stress in your life?
>>
>>17189033
What is the problem at hand?
>>
>>17189037
I need a sex change.

I've been needing one for eight years and they've figured I can't be in any particular hurry.
>>
>>17189064
see a psychiatrist about you wanting a sex change. Transsexual is not normal and it never will be. You should not be feeling the need to be a different sex then what you are and it's clear you have mental health issues.
inb4 tumblr bait
>>
>>17189089
I have seen a psychiatrist, psychologist and a doctor all agreeing that I am transgender. I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you but the wisespread medical community does agree that gender identity disorder is a real thing that actually exists, and that there is no other treatment for it save for being allowed to transition.

Tumblr is the ISIS of LGBT matters and ought to be lit on fire.
>>
>>17189033
Go to a different country, they won't ask questions.
>>
>>17189129
I ain't got the money. What country has free health care that covers gender reassignment, for foreigners?
>>
>>17189064
>I need a sex change.
Right, so there's your problem. Like someone with body dysmorphia, body dysphoria or Cotard delusion, you're just going to have to live with this fucked-up feeling.

No question it's there, you understand. But, it's a delusion. You have to face that and learn to live with it.
>>
>>17190207
But unlike having the delusion of being dead or the queen of Egypt or something, mine can be cheaply accomodated. Getting me testosterone won't cost them shit compared to all the mental ward runs I'd do otherwise.
>>
>>17190341
>mine can be cheaply accomodated
Yeah, I'm sure all the social strife being caused *right now* by this very thing is cheap and totally inconsequential.

There's just no moral defense for forcing others to go along with your shit.

(Of course, if you don't like this answer you can always go to >>>/lgbt/ and repost this thread there, then I'm sure you'll get nothing but hugbox)
>>
>>17190357
I'm just gonna do like a Real Man and deal with my emptional distress with alcohol and casual sex, costing society millions in other health care.
>>
>>17189033
The system deliberately puts a lot of barriers in the way of would-be trans people, because it is a REALLY big deal, and not to be entered into lightly. They are also concerned that you might have unrelated problems that transitioning wouldn't cure, and that discovering that after the fact could be a disaster.

The point is that they really ARE creating all these problems for your benefit, to see how well you cope with them.
>>
>>17190357
What social strife? Nobody who matters fucking gives a shit. It's a manufactured controversy; people who think trans people are icky are making a big deal out of it, but women en masse aren't afraid of trans women coming into their bathrooms and raping them.

Transitioning is messy and certainly yields imperfect results, but it doesn't really affect anybody else.
>>
>>17190391
Eight years.

I tried seeking treatment for three years, I tried to get help for "unrelated problems" for another three. None were treated.

If I kill myself because of this, the mental health care fucking wanted me to die.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.