[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being a man.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 500x404
What does it mean ti truly be a man?

So i have these urges to play with toys i havnt played with since middle school. Id feel pretty autist plaing with them but, would a real man not supress his emotions?
>>
Playing with toys means you aren't a man
>>
>>17188957
Playing with miniature giant robots is compatible with being a man.

And model trains and trucks.
>>
why the fuck would you want to play with toys? that sounds boring as fuck.

i don't give a fuck about being 'a real man', we don't need that shit, but i just don't get people obsessing over their childhood. Becoming a grown up is so very exciting, and it's something i've been waiting for through some of my childhood and certainly through puberty and my teens. fuck playing with toys
>>
>>17188957
Not if you use them as sex toys
>>
>>17188953
The one thing that separates the men from the boys is the price of their toys.
>>
>>17188964
This is the guy that works in insurance and who's greatest joy in life is taco Tuesdays.
>>
>>17188964
It's perfectly natural to want to be grown up. But after you have grown up you realize that growing up doesn't mean you can't play.
>>
>>17188964
Idk I like making stories. Theyr my old bionicles that i would create.
>>
>>17188957
Doesnt a real man do what he wants and isnt afraid to be who he really is?
>>
>>17189009
>playing with Lego
Man, you can never be too old for Lego/Lego knock offs.
Hell, I bought a Lego tank last month
>>
i remember playing with toys, it was fun as fuck lol. i remember when all the kids in primary school would bring their toys in and we would all make up a story. op, i believe a man is one that knows what they want and puts in the labor to get it. i wouldent necessarily say playing with toys doesn't make you man, however, most people will disagree because its associated with children. adults who want to role play like you, normally play the likes of dungeon and dragons.
>>
>>17188953

You do what you want OP, it's your life
>>
>>17189036

No, that's unbridled autism
>>
>>17188994
no, i'm 21 and my greatest joy in life is smoking weed and thinking about the future. do you find it funny to play with children's toys?

>>17189004
sure, no one says that you have to lead a life that is boring af when you grow up, but obsessing over childhood and playing with children's toys sounds sad as fuck

>>17189009
i don't know what you're trying to say. so you want to create a storyline while playing with your old bionicles action figures?
>>
>>17189059
>I'm the man who was never a kid
Never have kids please. You'll be like those teachers who hate students for being kids.
>>
>>17189059
>i'm 21 and my greatest joy in life is smoking weed and thinking about the future
how the fuck can you call someone a child when your greatest joy is this? at least he is being creative.
>>
>>17189065
>>17189068

Kek, this is the tumblr generation. You should be fucking ashamed to play with childrens toys as an adult, no matter how you dress it up. I'm not even the poster you're both talking to, but this attitude is a fucking cancer. If you stopped looking at your childhood and looked forwards, you'd find acceptable enjoyment elsewhere.

Toys, childrens toys are for stimulating the developing brain. It's not for an adult brain. If people saw you playing with toys, they'd write you off as an invalid, and they'd be right. I personally had a great childhood, played with lots of toys, and I gave most of them to my nephew or charity, threw the rest out. That's not some oppressive behaviour, that's how a normal, adjusted person would act. Don't embrace your autism, try to overcome it
>>
>>17189065
i don't hate kids and i don't hate op for playing with toys. i just don't understand how a grown man could find that enjoyable.

>>17189068
we are all miserable, but honestly, so far i enjoy smoking weed and thinking about the future, at least until i'll start uni in a years time. i'm not calling anyone a child, i just don't get how op can get any enjoyment from playing with plastic toys. yeah i'm uncreative as fuck and op is the epitome of creativity for making up storylines while playing with bionicles.
>>
>>17189087
thank you. throughout my youth i've had to suffer immature people obsessed with children's movies and just immature, childish culture. like when i was 16 it was a thing for people my age to obsess over disney channel and be 'totally random xD'.
>>
>>17189091
Its fun. Its like a movie that you make urself.
>>
>>17189087
In my posts I never said anything about playing with toys. I just criticized
>>17188964
>i just don't get people obsessing over their childhood
For being one of the people who only thinks about growing up all their childhood and then tosses it away as soon as they can. Those are always the most boring, soulless people.

You can be an adult and appreciate your childhood.
>>
>>17189087
I am looking forward, i just enjoy it. If it makes you feel any better i don't play with them, i just want to but, i feel like there's some social thing in my brain that stops me. I was wondering if i should really be ashamed of playing with toys. I mean i enjoy being creative, it makes me happy, and i only have one life. Why should i limit something i enjoy to the first 12 years of my hopefully much longer life?
>>
>>17189134
Im not obsessing or being nostalgic either, i genuinly just enjoy sitting on the floor and doing this shit.
>>
>>17189146
Then it's probably not the childhood thst gets you. You might just be a more kinesthetic person. Set up models and shit, maybe pick up sculpting.

>>17189136
You're right though. On our deathbed, thr only thing we take with us is how much happiness we had in our lives. That's it. You could be the greatest person ever and volunteer your life for others, but if that doesn't bring you happiness than you'll probably regret it sitting in hospice.
>>
>>17188953
Do whatever you want, man, as long as you don't just piss away your responsibilities. It's really nobody's business what you do in your spare time. 'Sides, being a "real man" is a subjective, somewhat arbitrary quality. Just don't expect everyone you interact with to be on board with that.
>>
there's no such thing as "being a man"
>>
Hey man, you probably just need an outlet for creativity.
Have you considered drawing comics, or just writing stories?
>>
>>17188953
There are no qualifications on what it means to be a man other than your genitalia, and even that's not a requirement anymore.

I had to force myself from playing with toys around 8th grade because I knew it was going to embarrassing if people at school found out. I still sort of miss it to this day,

You know what I did though? I started writing. I realized the only reason why I played with toys in the first place was so that I could play out my own stories in front of me, the toys just being a physical representation of my imagination. It was just an easy way to express myself. So once I switched to writing and became good at it, it became an enjoyable hobby that friends won't bat an eye at, and if you're good enough and dedicated to it, you could even publish a novel.
>>
Ye famalam.

What I notice about myself as I descend deeper into wagecuck responsibility is that my control over myself is tightening.

I'm compulsive enough now that I can force myself to do really unpleasant shit. And stay my hand if I feel the need.

I'll still do gay baby shit I think I can get away with tho.

It's your choice if you want to play with toys. The one iron rule is that men aren't bound to the scrutiny of others. The only man who's opinion matters is the man in the mirror.
>>
read the illiad (pay attention to hektor and odysseus' ramblings) and you will find out
>>
>>17188953
Have ye a penis? Lo, thou art a man

You could always Google traditional male values, too.
>>
File: cs-lewis-childishness.jpg (27 KB, 474x267) Image search: [Google]
cs-lewis-childishness.jpg
27 KB, 474x267
>>17189201
This. What you do with toys is a mechanism of imagination. Play is great, but you might find even more fulfillment channeling that imagination into producing something that you can put your name on.

And if you want to understand why trying to "be a man" is a waste of your time, go spend five seconds on /fit/.
>>
>>17189040
Can confirm
Had a blast with this brainstorm thingy too
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.