[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Job interview
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: tomoko in gym class.jpg (222 KB, 512x600) Image search: [Google]
tomoko in gym class.jpg
222 KB, 512x600
I'm going to my first job interview EVER tomorrow morning. Does anyone have suggestion to make it a success? I already know that I need to smile and make eye contact throughout but what are some other tips.

On a side note what position should I put my hands in during the interview?
>>
what's the job for?
>>
>>17187182
Target but I still need to be presentable obviously.
>>
A hiring manager here.

You can keep your hands clasped together on your lap.

But I recommend holding a pen and paper to make notes- which leads to the most important thing that I see people miss in interviews.

Be prepared with questions about the position and the company. Ask about their training. It shows that you have initiative to have a proactive approach to learing and interest in the organization.

Be well rested and show up 10 min early un clean clothes- wear business attire if required for the position. If it's warehouse or construction then jeans and a golf shirt are great.

Let the interviewer know if you need a minute to think of an answer to something - don't let yourself get flustered.

Good luck!
>>
>>17187203
Thanks!
>>
>>17187203
>un clean clothes

lel
>>
>>17187198
well of course, even if you were applying for a job at Mc Donald's I'd say you should still dress well.

Anyways, it's important to know the job because they look for different things in employees.

One of the biggest they'll be looking for with you working a sales/retail job is the ability to communicate well, to carry on a conversation.

Like the person above mentioned, if you need a minute, ask. They're not going to deny you and make you think it up on the spot, so don't stress too much.
>>
>>17187235
Kek *in clean
>>
>>17187158
>target
Wear something like a polo with a shirt under it so you dont look like a fool. Maybe some khaki pants. No cargo pants. Tuck it only if its supposed to be tucked. Dont need to wear a suit. Just look like you arent a slob.
>>
Bring your own pen.

When I worked at Sears many years ago, they had a LOT of people ask for applications who didn't plan ahead far enough to bring their own pen. They were given a green pen- and those applications were thrown out as soon as they were turned in.

(If you can, you might quietly sidle up to a Target worker and ask how they like it there. That might be a place you'd rather not be.)
>>
Wear khaki pants and a red polo. Shows your determination and they'll see how good you look in the uniform. Don't worry too much about it. Be confident. And smile, but not too much. It also helps if you're a hot chick.
>>
>>17187203

Question. I have an interview with a recruiter for a big finance firm. Suit and white collared shirt, is that too much? What if it's hot as balls outside, can i take the suit jacket off and just carry it?
>>
>>17188638
If it's hot as balls I would wear a short sleeved shirt and no tie, then again it depends on the position you are applying for.
Another option is: go with the suit and if the interviewer has his suit jacket off, take your's off too.
>>
>>17188537
As a pretty female, I can confirm.

I've had 13 interviews and was hired for every one of the positions I interviewed for. Including a couple that I was technically under qualified for.
>>
You need to understand that the most important thing is to show enthusiasm, interest and eagerness to work/learn. If they believe you might quit after a few months they will not hire you, no matter how well-prepared you are. Also just the normal interview questions and figure out a decent answer. You don't want to learn it word by word, but at least have an idea about what you want to say. If they catch you with a "surprise" question you might panic and give a retarded answer. If that happens just take your time and think about it for a few seconds, don't just blurp out the first thing that comes to mind.
>>
Ask questions of your own. Ask about what sort of tasks you'd be doing. Show that you're interested in learning about the position.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.