[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck You Anxiety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: anxiety.jpg (12 KB, 305x165) Image search: [Google]
anxiety.jpg
12 KB, 305x165
I get so sick of my anxiety just out of nowhere taking over literally at it's worse making me sick and at it's very worse I start to feel like I'm being electroshocked whenever either randomly or due to stress. I mean I take meds and some ways have improved like breathing ive tried working on.
I just want this shit to end and I feel like it never will at least get to a manageable level where I literally won't get sick.
>>
OP Here, any advice about coping would really help me right now. I really just want it to be at a point where it never sucks the life out of me. I mean I have to live life and not have this control me anymore like it has for 20+ years.
>>
File: 1435328690034.jpg (30 KB, 326x385) Image search: [Google]
1435328690034.jpg
30 KB, 326x385
lay or sit and meditate
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=107
>>
the only advice I've got is to just analyze and get to know your anxiety, if you learn to know how it works you'll be able to identify it when it's coming, and you can train yourself to calm down because you know it's just anxiety
>>
>>17186309
I mean a lot of it lately was probably stress of situations or thinking about future and things I messed up at. Or sometimes it will just happen out of nowhere.
>>
File: ToAvoidStress.jpg (158 KB, 622x681) Image search: [Google]
ToAvoidStress.jpg
158 KB, 622x681
>>17186129
I know that feel, OP.
But why are you taking meds if they're not working? What are they?

As for coping, exercise helps me. Doesn't make the anxiety go away, but it puts the adrenaline rush to good use. I'm often surprised at how much strength the temporary rush can give you.
Also, take beta blockers (or calcium channel blockers, etc) to lower your heart rate and blood pressure if they get too high too often.

>>17186304
I know you all mean well but this is starting to get to me. Meditation doesn't work for some of us.
I suspect it's the ones miswired to be more stressed out the calmer and more relaxed we are.
The ones that get more anxious on xanax, valium, and whiskey too.

>>17186309
Knowing it's meaningless anxiety doesn't really make it much better for me. It's annoying as fuark. Kind of like pain.
When i get a headache, i take tylenol or advil and it goes away. When the anxiety hits, I have nothing that helps.
>>
>>17186625
Well they help some but no med is ever gonna be a cure all. I take Celexa. I have gotten a bit more exercise though with walking and recently had 1 training day for a job that's starting.
Maybe I do need something more like a beta blocker. Something to consider I guess.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.