[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FREELANCING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Freelancing.jpg (251 KB, 2000x1131) Image search: [Google]
Freelancing.jpg
251 KB, 2000x1131
How to build a reputation in the freelancing market and where to begin?

I've tried it before but i got no jobs since the sites i tried were full of people with plenty of reviews and certifications, also a couple of companies bidding (not fair).

i know English and Spanish, and maybe i have other skills but i don't feel they're as developed as the ones i've mentioned. Any way to know what i'm good at and how to profit from my skills in freelancing?
>>
>>17185732

Quite simply really, land the first job, get a good review, land second job, get a second review.

If you become good friends with the client, have them write a recommendation for you on LinkedIn. They might also start promiting you whenever somebody in their networks needs someone to perform a certain job.

You start from scratch OP, take small manageable steps to start amassing good reviews and certifications.
>>
>>17185740
which site should i use?
>>
>>17185745

There's always Fiverr. Otherwise you might be able sign up as a tutor- or a mentor for some kids having challenges with their English- or Spanish courses?
>>
>>17185754
How do i do the latter? i can do some tutoring, i've taught before but don't have lots of experience.
>>
>>17185732

If you throw me an e-mail I will happily recommend you on LinkedIn in regards to translations.
>>
>>17185758

Start small. Teach basic English or other courses that you know you can manage. I do not know where you're from, but here in Scandinavia the mentor industry has boomed, as parents wants their hellspawn to perform. Which in turn gives them bragging rights.
>>
>>17185762
I'm living in Mexico and i know most schools teach English but with with bad pronunciation, maybe i could make a website to promote my work? how are they getting the job where you live?
>>
>>17185787

Usually they sign up with companies that have specialized in facilitating contact between buyer and supplier. I bet you have those in Mexico as well :-)
>>
>>17185759
i don't have a LinkedIn account
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.