[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/, my mum calls me ugly and keeps pestering me to get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: wk7-3.jpg (35 KB, 400x474) Image search: [Google]
wk7-3.jpg
35 KB, 400x474
Hi /adv/, my mum calls me ugly and keeps pestering me to get a haircut and shave my beard. However, while I wouldn't say I look great, I think I look okay, and I don't want bother shaving all the time. How do I convince her it's my business how I look? I tried, but she just keeps telling me I look like a homeless bum, and it's a disgrace to our family, etc. Wat do?

Pic isn't me, but it's similar, except I have shorter hair and thicker/longer beard.
>>
Get a haircut ya bum. If your beard is shitty and patchy shave it.
>>
Be brave. Speak your mind. Open your heart.
>>
>>17184333
1. Shave and look clean.
2. Don't shave and take your mother's abuse.

Those are your only options. You are correct, you have the right to keep a beard and long hair if you want. She has the right to hold the opinion that it makes you look like a homeless bum that embarrasses her. You can't force her to like it.
>>
>>17184348

Good first episode.

@OP:

Shaving really isn't that hard. Get a razor, shave your cheeks, shave your neck beard. Maybe buy a trimmer and do like 2 or 3 passes. Done.

At most 5 minutes, probably more like 30 seconds.
>>
>>17184353
Guess I'm sticking with #2.. She's really starting to get on my nerves though.

>>17184354
I can't even brush my teeth every day, there's no way I'd be able to motivate myself to shave.
>>
>>17184388
Lol, just do it, sick bastard
>>
you'd go up a full 2 points if you lost 15 lbs and got a modern haircut and a clean shave
>>
>>17184333
Beard bro here. I've had a goatee and beard for over 15 years.

You've got a bad case of shitty patchy beard and it looks pretty nasty desu. Not everyone is meant to have a beard.

You might get away with the soup catcher though.

And get rid of the long hair. You look like a pussy. Soup catcher and tight well sculpted haircut will improve your looks drasticly
>>
>>17184811
And im a faggot for not reading the entire post.

Go to a barber. Have then shape your beard. Get beard oil and a boar bristle grooming brush. A sophisticated beard is a beautiful thing
>>
I can't shave because I get pretty severe pseudofolliculitis barbae when I do, and it's painful as hell. I'm just lucky that I've got a solid asf beard
>>
File: Capture.png (221 KB, 570x440) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
221 KB, 570x440
I have the same problem except the people I know don't want to hurt my feelings (because I tend to reply to that). For the long hair they said take a fashion long hairstyle like for example a chignon. Personally, it tangles my hair af but it makes me look good and I got complimented.
As for the beard I hope yours is not like the one on the pic and that you shape it like you said. As for the teeth, just smile without showing them, I do that often and nobody notices.
>>
File: 1333598142233.jpg (4 KB, 125x126) Image search: [Google]
1333598142233.jpg
4 KB, 125x126
>>17184876

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

man buns

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>17184333
well your beard really does like a jungle of pubes so please for the sake of everyone who has to look at it, shave that nasty shit off.

Your hair can probably be done up nicely but i've never had hair longer than 2 inches so I wouldn't be able to advise you on a style.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.