[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a girl and I can't go outside without wearing glitter/bright
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_m0odeo18Mg1qh415f.gif (952 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m0odeo18Mg1qh415f.gif
952 KB, 500x284
I'm a girl and I can't go outside without wearing glitter/bright colours/glam rock platform boots and the like. If I was brave enough I would wear face paint every day

What's up with me? Why am I like this?
>>
Doubt anyone here can answer that. It's just the way things are.
Maybe there's a scientific explanation, but I doubt that's what you're looking for.
>>
obviously you want attention
>>
>>17184140
Are you trying to hide some part of yourself? No? Then you're fine and you just like that stuff. Don't let people tell you you shouldn't wear it.
>>
you're just another idiot
>>
youre fabulous.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 620x400
What's wrong is that you're not wearing face paint every day.

Go all out. Mindoro made an art career out of that.
>>
>>17184310
Minori**
Autocorrect gibberish, sorry.
>>
>>17184262
Maybe I don't feel adequate just being myself, I have to dress up
>>
>>17184492
You're insecure and you want to get attention. Unless you build up some self worth, you will always need to hide behind something.
>>
>>17184504
It's more of a perception thing than attention

I wouldn't know how to build up self worth.
>>
>>17184140
the truth is you're aware you will never stand out by mainstream standards so you chose the easy path of looking as freak as possible to cater to a niche
>>
When I was really different, I did it mostly because I was pretty angsty, and didn't want to compete with mainstream people. I didn't think I could beat stacey at her own game (I have since done pretty will in that regard), so at the time, it seemed easier to just be in a totally different category. It didn't matter who was major league and who was minor league if I was playing water polo instead, I guess.

OR you just like it.
There's crazy fashion I just like now but don't have the balls to go for. Wish I did. Keep your balls. Nuture them. Grow them. Then wear your facepaint.
>>
>>17184509
Oh you mean like a sex thing? It's a man repeller, it's not about sexual attention at all
>>
>>17184507
Yes, you perceive yourself as inadequate to gain attention, admiration, like, any positive feedback from others. You are afraid of negative or neutral feedback. This is what you need to get over. You are a person who has inherent value, your values is not determined by other people's opinion of you. To build self worth seek challenges, and do something that is useful and you get positive feedback for. At the beginning you will suck, but that is normal, everyone sucks. Practice makes perfect. Have a role rather than just existing.
>>
>>17184530
But I already have challenging hobbies and commitments.
>>
>>17184533
Still, you can't make yourself believe that you are perfectly acceptable without looking like a Picasso, but you are. If you know that you are worth something that is not your looks, then you know that your fear is irrational. The best way of having irrational fear is confrontation. For once try going out in casual clothes and see what happens. Not tomorrow or someone in the future, today. You will realize that you are just fine dressing like normal people.
>>
>>17184140
Nothing wrong with you. You're wearing a mask because you're insecure about being yourself. Every woman who puts on makeup before going out is doing the same thing - the only difference is that there are a lot of them and so it seems "normal". If you think you are going a little far in your public disguise, try dialing it back to more conventional makeup and see if that is a sufficient mask for you.
>>
>>17184543
I'm quite happy with my looks actually, even without makeup.

I go out in casual clothes too, but I like wearing the outlandish clothes, it's like I become a different character and I just love bright colours and art.
>>
>>17184605
Then it's not a self esteem issue, it's your art, a way of self expression. Some people paint pictures, others but expensive cars, others do comedy, you like being a different character. There's nothing wrong with it as long as it doesn't take over your life and you only do it because you like it.
>>
>>17184605
alright
you answered your own question
now move on
>>
>>17184530
P R O J E C T I N G
>>
>>17184913
Projecting what?
>>
>>17184140
You're 16. it'll stop when you finally grow up
>>
All this board is is sad fucks feeding trolls.
>>
>>17184951
I'm 25
>>
>>17184963
Post pic
>>
>>17184951
>>17184969
>sad fuck feeds troll
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.