[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why should I do other things if I am already happy. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: iEM1Lr4r.png (1 MB, 1360x765) Image search: [Google]
iEM1Lr4r.png
1 MB, 1360x765
Why should I do other things if I am already happy.

I'm a NEET living with my parents and I feel like I've already achieved happiness but my parents are forcing me to go to college and do really well when that is the only source of stress in my life.

I have a very nice home to live, food and siblings to talk to. Why should I submit myself to such strife when I am always content in my situation now.
>>
>>17183896

Because you're a manchild right now and those things aren't always going to be around for you. Mommy and daddy are going to die and you won't be able to provide for yourself.
>>
You may feel happy now, but for how long do you think it's going to be that way?

From where are you going to get the money to support yourself?

What if everybody in the world decided to stop working?
>>
>>17183896
Are you able to support yourself? Then do whatever you want. But as long as you live in another person's house and use up their resources, they have every right to ask this of you. They won't be around to take care of you forever.
>>
>>17183901
I mean I'm chidlike I guess but adulthood is going to be a really big issue. i think i may (strong MAY) be transgender. i really can't let my parents know that because it will mean that I would have wasted twenty years of their hard work.
>>17183906
i guess that's sensible but everything i have now is just perfect. if i lived on my own it would be really bad. people in the real world can tell that i'm weak and sensitive. i can tell in the way that they look at me. i can't go to far o my own.
>>17183907
the problem is i might not be able to live the lifestyle i do now. i have a lot of social issues that can really stop me from making the money my parents do to support this lifestyle.
>>
>>17183949
>the problem is i might not be able to live the lifestyle i do now. i have a lot of social issues that can really stop me from making the money my parents do to support this lifestyle.
Then you'll just have to grow up and change your lifestyle. It's better to do it sooner rather than later, when you're unprepared. It'll hit you like a ton of bricks, and you'll have to deal with the emotional sting of losing your parents.
>>
>>17184000
since you're really wise (no sarcasm intended) how do i live the poor lifestyle. if i'm going to really survive i feel as if i'm not going to be competent enough to do anything really stable.
>>
File: 1462424676378.jpg (11 KB, 194x260) Image search: [Google]
1462424676378.jpg
11 KB, 194x260
>>17183896
Instead of college how about a skilled trades job? You only study/train for a couple years then you can start making some real cash. Look into your area to see what kind of skill trade jobs are in most demand then go check out a school.
>>
Think of how your parents feel. It's not all about you. Don't you want them to be happy too?
>>
>>17184018
>how do i live the poor lifestyle
Well, where do you live? What kind of job can you expect to get given your background? What does your lifestyle currently entail?

Your parents are pushing you to get a good education so that you can get a good job. With a good job, you won't need to work as much to make decent money. It's investing your time now so that you'll have more to focus on yourself later on. And when they're gone, you won't be destitute and miserable.
>>
>>17183896
Because they will get old and they want to see their son to be a successful man and take care of them, it's the ultimate goal of having a child.
>>
>>17184022
that's what i was made to do but i'm realizing i'm not going to live up to their expectations.
>>17184030
well my parents make a lot of money, (lawyer and consultanat) so I get to eat out a lot and get nice stuff. my parents bought me a 2000 dollar computer simply because i got a 3.0 gpa last semester. there are very low expectations for me since i'm not the brightest guy.

only problem is is that i accidentally got accepted into a really competitive school and the first semester a ton of kids felt really bad for me since i was struggling and decided to help me. i see they're concern and its cool and all that they worked some magic to get me here but the expectations are getting way too high. i'm a minority and i truly can't be expected to do anything amazing. i'm going to be worse off, learning now that i'm trans.

lots of doors automatically close for me and i'm always going to be a disappointment. i can't suicide now because then everyone will know about my failure. the only security i have is that my parents will keep it private if i suffer which is just as terrible really.

i don't even know what i want for myself.
>>
>>17184055
Well even if you can't live up to their expectations as you see it, you cannot make them support you for their entire lives. That's just cruel.
>>
>>17183896
Perspectives change.

Guessing you're in your late teens or early twenties right now. What makes you happy now likely won't make you happy in your late 20s or in your 30s.

Your parents are only doing it for the best interest of your future self.
>>
>>17183896
You have a hard wake up call ahead of you and it can't come soon enough. Face this hard reality: your parents won't support you and you'll be on your own two feet. You have no skills, no training, no net worth, no connections.

You, sir or madame, are fucked

I don't care if you're trans, post, pre, bi, tri, quad, orange, yellow, blue, otherkin or whatever. You owe it to yourself to be self sufficient. The world you live in doesn't give a damn what kind of special snowflake you think you are. If you wanna be unique then fine, but don't expect others to support you while you ride their coat tails and rest on their laurels.

Wake the fuck up
>>
I feel the same as OP, except I'm not a transistor or whatever. I myself think I'll "grow out" of this lifestyle eventually but if it's what makes me happy now, shouldn't I enjoy it while it lasts?

Too bad employees are going to find it suspicious when a 30 year old has zero working experience and won't hire me.
>>
>>17184099
*employers FUCKING HELL IM A RETARD BRB GOING TO AN HERO
>>
>>17184099
what's a transistor lol
>>
>>17184114
Dunno OP said he is "trans", did he not mean that he is a transistor? Hmm, maybe he is a translator.
>>
>>17183896
yeah man you can live that life, but you need to work to keep that as is When you're parents are gone, the carpet is going to be pulled from under you and its going to be harder to go back to that lifestyle if that is what you want when you get to that part of your life. I would say you should work to try to get a job that fits your lifestyle while you have the support of your parents, and the transition would be easier.
>>
>>17184234
what's something that fits this lifestyle then.
>>
>>17184234
I also want to know of such jobs. Firefighter and flight attendant are the only things that come to mind, as you can have several days off in a row after a shift, but I'm not sure anymore if I even want that...
>>
File: 1387775107959.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1387775107959.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>17183896

>Why should I do other things if I am already happy.
>I'm a NEET living with my parents and I feel like I've already achieved happiness

It would be one thing if you were supporting your one NEEtness but you aren't, your parents are. You can't leech off of other people and then complain when they ask you to make attempts to support yourself.

The entire basis of your happiness is based off of the fact that your parents provide all of the privileges you've come to enjoy.

>Why should I submit myself to such strife when I am always content in my situation now.

Because it isn't your choice. You've been riding the gravy train all of your life and eventually the train will come to a stop and you'll be left to fend for yourself.

You're content now because you don't have to work for anything. Sooner or later that luxury will come to a close. Either deal with it now or wait until its too late. Your parents won't be around forever to support your self-serving lifestyle.

Responsible people plan for the future and come out on top. People who depend on others and take no responsibility for the trajectory of their life end up broke and alone.

Make a choice.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.