[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to be a people's person?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
How to be the cool guy that everyone wants to hangout with, take pictures and go to events? What kind of mindset to have? What to avoid doing during social interactions? Special traits/job/hobbies to have?
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 540x663) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 540x663
Well there are a lot of different things that go into charisma, which is likeability. Sometimes it's just some special mix of things that make people like you, but most importantly it's sense of humor, confidence, agreeability, openness and some virtues mixed with looks and background and stuff
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Win_Friends_and_Influence_People
>>
>>17183875
Jus b urself.
>>
>>17183891
I am having a hard time distinguishing cool guy behavior and beta/nice guy behavior. What are the differences?
>>
>>17183969
Depends on your culture I suppose. Where from?
>>
>>17183969
>>17184155
I think generally you should act masculine, but not dickish. Tough but not mean. Friendly but not to the extreme
>>
>>17183875

Be friendly. If someone you like is happy, be happy for them. Actually be nice to people and not necessarily expect anything in return. Realize everyone on earth is flawed in some way, including yourself, and have a sense of humor about it.

Be excited and happy about your own shit. If you have no shit going on in you're life that you're excited about, find some shit and do that shit. Working out, cars, baseball, being a TV critic, whatever. Do it hard and be "that guy who does the [shit]" Talk about that shit excitedly with other people. Don't just make up something, actually find something that genuinely interests you and do it.

People like positive, genuine people, and seek out their company.
>>
>>17183969

"nice" is nice. It's being considerate of other people, and doing things for people without necessarily expecting anything in return.

"beta" is deliberately avoiding seeking out what you want, because you're worried about negative consequences, or feeling unable to do what it takes to get what you want.

They're independent concepts. You can be nice without being beta, and beta without being nice.
>>
hopefully not like the pic in your op? those girls are like 6s at best
>>
>>17184185
but if you really have to really try acting masculine, tough, and friendly, what's the point ?
>>
>>17183875
People are assholes.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.