[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In six hours, I'll be seeing a psychiatrist for the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 960x781) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 960x781
In six hours, I'll be seeing a psychiatrist for the first time. How do I not fuck this up?
>>
>>17183845
Just don't say you'll harm yourself and anyone else and you won't get locked up.
>>
>>17183845
Just be honest, a psychiatrist can't help you if you're holding things back. You don't need to spill your guts and tell him or her everything about you and your life, but don't give half truths and lies, if there's something you're not comfortable talking about just say that. A psychiatrist is not somebody to impress so if you feel embarrassed or self conscious about something then just try to let that go, they don't care, it's like showing your doctor your dick, he's seen a hundred dicks before and isn't going to judge you.
>>
>>17183845
It's a psychiatrist. He/she will ask the generic inventory of questions for your issue, probably throw a pill of some type at you, and send on your way.
>>
>>17183921
This.
>>
>>17183862
so lie?
>>
>>17183862
One of the least bullshit reasons why I gotta go is because I cut myself, but they left me to fend for myself for months while LOOKING for a shrink for me, so I should be fine, right? If they were locking me away they'd have already done that.

>>17183903
Can I tell him I don't see any benefit in seeing a shrink, and I'm only there because the mental health people are blackmailing me to? How mad am I allowed to be before they'll decide I'm paranoid and stuff me full of antipsychotics?
>>
>>17183981
>>17183981

What do you mean they're blackmailing you ? And they're pretty used to hear that their patients don't see the point of seeing someone.
There are good and bad psychiatrists, try to be open minded, it could be a good experience even if you don't want to be here.
>>
>>17184024
They're not letting me get a sex change unless I go to a shrink. One of the reasons why they think I need one is because the last time a psych evaluation concluded that I'm probably not transgender, I believed them for four years.

I would have been absolutely thrilled at the opportunity to talk to a psychiatrist when I was 15. The novelty has kind of worn off by now.
>>
>>17184046
oh christ
>>
>>17184048
You'll believe all kinds of shit when you're 17, been fighting an exhausting losing battle against the health care system for three years, and there's five bitches with doctorates on the subject telling you shit.

I just figured that maybe life IS supposed to feel like shit. I mean, the fuck if I know, I couldn't even buy a beer back then.
>>
Do you really think a sex change will make you feel better?
>>
>>17184080
Hell yeah.

As far as I'm concerned testosterone has literally no downsides.
>>
>>17183845
>>17184046

Well I understand how you feel but that's not exactly blackmail. Try to not be angered during your session, calmy explain your reluctance and why your situation is bringing suffering. Explain why you feel you're not in the right body and how you've been thinking seriously upon it. You may be facing an asshole but it could be a genuinely supportive person.
>>
>>17183903
Not OP but I'm going next week with my nosy mom who is sure to want to listen in, and I'm extremely uncomfortable talking about my problems near my parents. I'm hoping the psychologist makes her leave the room of his own accord but if not, what do?
>>
>>17184107
I already *did* get a green light on transitioning, it's not a question of not being trans. It's a matter of me not being able to tell who is allowed to treat me badly and when.
>>
Someone fucking please tell me not to have a third drink I gotta drive to the shrink in 3 hours.

I haven't slept in 19 hours and I am so fucking scared rn.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.