[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mole removal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: keks.jpg (108 KB, 798x576) Image search: [Google]
keks.jpg
108 KB, 798x576
I have a mole just like pic related on the back of my neck, and I want it removed. How bad will the scarring be? Is it worth trading such a brown spot for a potential white one (the scar)?
Thanks in /adv/ance!
>>
>>17181266
Also, I'm a guy with short hair, so I won't be able to hide it with my hair
>>
The scarring is usually the size of the mole. No reason to remove it if it doesn't look hideous or doesn't cause trouble shaving etc. There shouldn't be a white spot either, just a small round crater where the mole used to be.
>>
>>17181278
Is it not common to stitch it together?
>>
>>17181289
There is no need to stitch wounds that small. Got mine removed from face and all they did was give some anesthesia, freeze the region and pinched out the necessary remaining tissue, put a patch on it and that's about it. I assume that only the wounds that can cause bleeding out, deep flesh wounds(after surgery) and people with anemia are getting stitches. Mole removal usually leaves a small wound that is only skin-deep.
>>
>>17181328
Alright, thanks mate. One last questions, if you're still here: Do you know how long it takes for the doctor to remove one?
>>
>>17181347
The whole process took about 30-45 minutes. Not that long, because they applied local anesthetics. After that they just warned to stay out of the sun, not to go tanning and ease up with alcohol. They also said to keep an eye on the scar and see the doctor again after a month for a check-up to see if it's healing properly.
>>
>>17181266
my mom got a mole removed for several hundred dollars and it grew back
>>
>>17181266
Well you have to weigh which will be worse- a mole or a crater.
The oldschool way was to cut it out with something that resembled a melon cutter but like the other anon said most dermas use the method of freezing to rid it.
I have a mole like that on my neck, it's almost flush with the skin though. My fiance thinks it's cute, says it's like charlize therons mole (: (which is actually on the same spot as mine is on my neck)
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.