[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any of you have experience with taking xanax for non-recreational
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 288x216
Any of you have experience with taking xanax for non-recreational purposes?
I've been having pretty bad anxiety problems for the past two months more less after a good six or so months of heavy drinking and not sleeping much. I was feeling alright about 3 weeks in but fucked it up by getting drunk a few times. Was feeling alright last week until I started getting sick on Thursday. Beforehand I'd been taking about .25 mg xanax twice a week when things started getting rough. Every night since Saturday I've been having an anxiety attack and have been taking a small amount of xanax to calm down and go to sleep. The attacks seem to be decreasing in severity as I progressively feel less sick but are still pretty overwhelming.
Do you think if I continue to take a small amount of xanax every night until I don't feel sick I'll get addicted?
Also anyone deal with a months long bout of anxiety and get better without too much meds?
>>
>>17180952
the people I know who have used Xanax for fun now live in crackhouses in philly and have been raped by black guys at parties.

Hope that helps!
>>
>>17180952
I should add I usually have a fairly consistent amount of anxiety and derealization normally but it's usually managable.
>>
>>17180954
I could imagine. Ive never taken it recreationally.
>>
>>17180952

I got alcohol control problems that get bad if I don't stay on top of it. I used klonopin to get me through the week straight panic attack that was withdrawals last year. (Went another week not knowing what was wrong and thinking I had low blood sugar from treating my body like shit)

Figuring out how to drink less took a while, and involved lesser amounts of drinking. Any severe hangover is likely to trigger a panic attack for me so I'm likely to take xanax to tamp down the panic attacks.

I have a surplus of xanax/klonopin but never got addicted to it. I think it's because there's no ritual to it and I never took more than the recommended dose. You also build up a tolerance to it so it doesn't really make sense to use it everyday. Also the withdrawals for benzos are way fucking worse than alcohol and that scares the shit out of me.

My addictive personality is different than yours though so I can't really say if it's a good idea for you to keep taking Xanax. My rule of thumb is only take it if I get to the point where I start convincing myself I need to go to the hospital because of anxiety. I also don't drink unless I'm confident I can keep it to 3 or less and I don't keep any alcohol in the house.

My advice is to just be fucking careful and stay on top of your drinking problem. You could easily get wrapped in a cycle of drinking and then using benzos to stop the withdrawals and that'd be way worse than the anxiety issues your dealing with now.
>>
>>17180952
see a psychologist/psychiatrist you fucking dumbass
>>
>>17180990
thanks man,
I'm really hoping that this recent backtrack with my anxiety is due to the fact that I'm sick. I was kind of doing what you were in that I was taking xanax and clonopin after a night or two of heavy drinking. I'm trying to go a few months without drinking, Im already at the three week mark and I thought I was seeing improvement but damn these past few days have been a real set back.
I'm definitely gonna limit my drinking a lot more in the future. thanks again.
>>
>>17181002
I'm going to in the next week or so hopefully. Is it too much to ask for other peoples experiences?
>>
Unless you're a shitbag with no brain, you won't get addicted
>>
>>17181053
I'm trying to take as little as possible. Honestly crumbs off a 2mg bar. Last night I barely took any but today was worse because of stress with work n shat.
I know if i go to a psychologist they'll probably give me an antidepressant but I went through that four years ago and don't want to again. Ended up recovering after dropping it on my own so im hoping just being healthier in general will work out eventually.
>>
>>17181093
I guess im just getting impatient seeing is im going on nine weeks of this shit.
Two of them weren't that bad though.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.