[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3rd world problems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1454228083002.jpg (447 KB, 1272x1920) Image search: [Google]
1454228083002.jpg
447 KB, 1272x1920
This might sound retarted, but im so angry about it i have to share this.

My ex-GF used to love handsome male actors. I didn't find the picture for you, but one time she posted a picture on the facebook with a crying man accompanied with a text something like 'i would leave my boyfriend because of Outlander'

(Outlander is some super handsome male actor)

So, i know this sounds retarted but i got fucking angry because of this. We are already broke up (not because of this exact reason), but i'm somehow still very angry about this and occasionally i get just so mad and hurt because of that memory.

/adv/ what the fuck is wrong with me? Is it reasonable to get so angry about something like that?
>>
>>17180740
>retarted
Didn't read further
>>
>>17180740
Outlander is a television series. Your gf posting that picture probably has more to do than just the handsome face. She's enamoured with the plot and how the male actor (probably the main male protagonist) interacts with the main female protagonist. They have some really steamy scenes. She probably wishes she was the main character in the series (a time-traveller hooking up with some medieval hottie).
>>
>>17180754
i know. This is ok to have fantasies. I have many sexual fantasies with hot girls myself.

But is it ok to post a picture with a text like that to facebook?
>>
>>17180802
It's not ok.
>>
>>17180740
Have your tried talking to her about it and how you feel? I know you probably worry about looking insecure, but ask her how she would feel in the same place. It's hurtful to you and if my gf wrote something like this she would never forgive herself, my woman is ethical and caring. If your girlfriend doesn't give a shit what you think then the relationship might not be for you.
>>
>>17180802
yes, it doesn't mean anything. on the internet people say things that are hyperbolic to be funny, even knowing they will never happen.
>>
>>17180814
like for instance, if a girl thinks a female actress is attractive, she might say something like, "I'd go gay for x actress" or "y pop idol turned me lesbian". This doesn't mean that these women actually turned her gay, she's just expressing her admiration for their looks in a very exaggerated way for the purpose of humor.

this sort of thing is really really common op. it's not serious.
>>
>>17180810
Hi, thanks for your answer. Well, i said to her i feel quite stupid that she posts something like that on social media for everybody to see. I felt very humiliated, insecure and stupid bringing it up for her.

She was just laughing and saying it is only a joke and not a big deal, but i said it is important for me and i dont like it and asked her to take the picture out. I think she never took it out even though i made myself clear and felt like an idiot in doing so.

As you implied, this got me thinking about with whom i am in a relationship with. I would never do something like that to a person i care about. Stupid or not, if i say clearly this is hurtful the pic should be removed. At least on my moral standars. If my gf dont like something i would not do it.

I actually started to think about this person more and i found out many things i didnt like about her. Its not that i left her because of this incident, but i realized this is not the right person for me
>>
File: dead3.jpg (23 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
dead3.jpg
23 KB, 720x304
>>17180814
/thread

Stop stalking your ex online. It's unhealthy. Move on and find someone new to pine over.

You lost Joanne to puberty, Ricky.
>>
>>17180819
thanks for your post. This actually helped me out with my anger a bit....
>>
>>17180831
im not stalking her! The picture got into my newsfeed. We are not facebook friends anymore. I have moved on already. Im just still butthurt about this
>>
>>17180842
>moved on
>blowing up on /adv/
>mutually exclusive
>>
>>17180853
yeah, well maybe im not moved on completely then.

It seems some thinks i am an idiot/beta with this and some think my gf had it wrong.

Well, i quess i just have to make myself be better
>>
It's not that deep.
/thread
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.