[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fucked up. I'm going to admit something first and foremost:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.gif (136 KB, 350x237) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
136 KB, 350x237
I fucked up.

I'm going to admit something first and foremost: I'm 18 so now I'm legally allowed to browse 4chan but I've been lurking since age 11 (though luckily I rarely, if ever, posted any content). During those periods I saw a lot of /b/, /pol/, and /r9k/ as well as the content and ideologies behind those boards. I digested great amounts of it, and all of that has now become rooted deep within me. For the longest time I did think that browsing 4chan during my age was unhealthy for development, but it was only once I turned 18 I finally realized how fucked I was.

My question is, is there a way I can expunge certain poisonous ideals and beliefs? I am aware they are damaging me but they have now become the basis for first impressions and so many of my beliefs and philosophies I hold. Should I try and completely reset my whole perspective on life I spent the last few years developing? Socially, I've actually not been too affected so I'm not worried (although my behavior is DEFINITELY weird, a lot of people seem to enjoy how I act and I do have a large group of friends that invite me to outings on a regular basis. I even have a girlfriend and all that who I love dearly) but I would still like to socially readjust to norms.
>>
read buzzfeed to balance it out. buzzfeed is fucking stupid but they at least have 5 things a day i'll find entertaining. their voice speaks to the young liberal masses. you'll at least understand what other people find entertaining.
>>
Buzzfeed will only make you mad at the world once you view their stuff through 4chan lenses.
If you really spent the last seven years on here, you're probably beyond repair. I only started going here at age 16 (now 20) and even I sometimes catch myself thinking like a /pol/tergeist or /b/tard.
Just enjoy the ride man. It has its upsides too.
Read some humanist/positivist philosophy maybe.
>>
>Lurking for 7 years
>Only visited 3 boards
Christ, spend some time on other boards. They're not all like /b/ and /r9k/. Shitholes like /co/ are downright more SJW than Tumblr.

Y: The Last Man is such a shitty comic. So shitty. Megg Mogg and Owl is even more terrible. Fuck /co/ so god damn much.
>>
>>17180530

nah not necessarily. especially if you stay away from the comments section or their "news" articles.

it's not bad for getting news/seeing some silly shit that you wouldn't see unless you trolled reddit for a living.
>>
I'm with you OP they told me when I was younger to leave now or I'll be trapped. I'm here every night up until 4am browsing shit and waking up at 2pm wasting my fucking time. What do you ask? Find productive shit to do, go outside and do a sport, work on getting a car, go to college. You honestly have to keep yourself busy and open up your mind. I feel this site fu led with my head a bit but you can't blame who you have become based on one site.
>>
>>17180159
Im 21 found the site the same time you did, and oh yeah it definitely fucks you up
>>
>>17180159

Been browsing 4chan since I was 14, I am 21 now. However I stopped visiting the boards that poison you with their ideology, you need 3 months to calm down after you stop visiting them. Learn your triggers, because you will be triggered a lot and you need to keep them in check.

Embrace the fact that you are here forever, since there are a lot of good boards which you can browse. My friends seem to enjoy my 4chanesque weirdness in conversations, and girls seem to dig it too for some reason.

DonĀ“t consider yourself doomed, just alter what you browse on here and your views will mellow down.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.