[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting out of the Army and getting gf to the states
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: get_a_feel_of_this_guy.jpg (92 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
get_a_feel_of_this_guy.jpg
92 KB, 612x612
Been in the Army for a year now and my contract is a total of 3 and a half years. No problems with it and I find it easy to save money. Have around 10,000 saved up and I'm planning to move back to the land my dad has given me. I plan on getting a temp home (trailer/mobile home) and moving it on my property. I also have been dating a Canadian woman for 2 years and I plan on getting a marriage license so she can live with me when I get out. I don't know if I should go to college with my gi bill right away or just focus on a full time job. Having enough money for a trailer and moving it/installation fees are another thing entirely. I'm afraid I'll blow all my savings away entirely right when I get out. I'm just looking for any advice in general.
>>
>Militaryfag
>Daydreams about putting a trailer on an empty plot of land
>Canadian cuckwaif
Maybe you should spend your blood money on loftier goals?

But in all seriousness, the best thing you can do is 1) Google new trailer prices in your hometown 2) Call up a few contractors and ask them how much they'll charge to install a trailer and 3) Call up your hometown's building department and ask how much it'll cost to run utility lines to your property, or if you'll need a septic system. There, you now have a solid number to save up for and it'll put your mind at ease.
>>
>>17179865
Get an actual house. Whats the point of a shitty white trash mobile home?
>>
Go to school immediately bro. I've been off active duty about 5 years now, and life has gotten in the way of using my GI Bill, and I have the fully guaranteed school bill. Do it now while you don't have a lot of obligations.
>>
>>17180267
The trailer is only a temporary gig. I need some place to stay and I'd rather save up to make a large down payment to build my home.
>>
>>17180243
Lel
I will do all of that though. Thank you
>>
>>17180379
I'll start looking into majors. Thank you for your service
>>
>>17180776
Sounds to me like your whole life is a "temporary" gig. And as a bro in the Army I would highly suggest doing more time before you even fantasize about these decisions. A lot can happen in even 1 year in the Army.
>>
>>17180866
While I don't dislike being in the Army I can't see myself reenlisting
>>
>>17180866
Nvm I see what you're saying. However these goals aren't too far out of reach and I'd rather plan for it now
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.