[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I call back a cancelled interview?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (489 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
489 KB, 1000x665
Here's the situation, I got a call from a place, offering me a job with decent pay and wouldn't ask me for too many days of work.

Here was the thing that was breaking the deal for me, the driving distance. It takes an hour and 25 mins to get to that job. So after accepting the interview, I thought about it and immediately called back: cancelling the interview.

A day later, I'm feeling immense regret for not even going to the interview. I feel like I just screwed up something really good for me....That job could've been something I needed given my current living conditions....the pay was 10.50 an hour and they would've needed me at most 3 days a week.....i should've thought about this way better...

Can I call them back to see if I could get an interview after declining the job due to distance or did I fuck up and there's no point?
>>
While your initial mistake might have set you back farther, don't make another one by not trying to correct it.

You did fuck up but that doesn't mean it can't be fixed, and the worse you'll have to face is some minor embarrassment/rejection. Just call back and chock it up to a misunderstanding or be short and vague and say there was "some complications" but you'd love to have an interview at a later date.
>>
I'll give them a call back and see if they're willing to give me another chance. I doubt it but I'll try.
>>
>>17178769
10.50 an hour isn't good pay...especially if you factor in the transportation expenses (fuel or bus tickets). These expenses add up when it's something you have to do a number of days a week. I used to drive an hour to work, and it cost me over $100 every week, which kept me more or less poor when included in my other living expenses
>>
>>17178861
I agree. The pay sounds good but it's more than an hour away from where I live and I've got an old car...its fuel efficient but it's still not the best car to be constantly running back and forth into the city.
>>
10.50 an hour is not worth that drive time, unless you carpool or thats the time it takes via the bus. Just isn't worth it, it becomes more like 8 an hour when you add in fuel and other car related costs.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.