[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to deconstruct morality? I want to be able to be kind and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: magikarp.jpg (209 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
magikarp.jpg
209 KB, 1920x1080
How to deconstruct morality?
I want to be able to be kind and chamaleonic, but I don't want to suffer because of my moral codes. It's so stuck on me...

I'm not asking for help about just being better with myself. I just want to change, don't want a way back.
>>
>>17174859
Don't deconstruct or whatever. There is immense joy in setting standards for yourself and living up to them. Not the joy of victory or acquisition, but of serenity and being fully OK in any moment.
>>
>>17174888
I can't really see that point; but I'm not totally sure why I'm convinced about doing this. I may think my life would be easier without some obstacles and doing things that in any other way, I would feel guilty of.
>>
>>17174859

the rules of moral codes are generic.

for instance 'thou shalt not kill'. but there are plenty of laws and even instances in the bible that say it is okay to kill in sthat circumstance.

and realistically it is. you dont deconstruct morality. you simply live by the following
>do your best to enjoy life without hurting others. Take everything that happens case by case.
>>
>>17174859
since I applied morals to myself I have only been getting unhappier year after year

it's not even hard holding them up, it's easy as shit, makes you wonder why people do so much messed up stuff like cheating
it's literally super easy not to

but it's hard having a working moral code and taking things seriously
I used to laugh about everything, now I am just depressed, because I can't not take things seriously anymore
>>
>>17175000
May you be a psycho? Because I just feel bad almost doing anything, I don't find it easy at all...
>>
>>17175375
I had that as a kid, my mom told me it's a sign of weak character to feel remorse so I kind of abandoned it

and then I was a major asshole, who bullied other kids and hit girls, got in fights etc

when I was 16 I kind of changed a lot, because I noticed I didn't have any real friends I read a lot about morals and set up some boundaries in my life

but since then, I don't know my life is going great but I feel depressed about everything, I never used to feel sadness until I was like 17-18
But since then it only gets worse

I don't know if anyone but me has this problem though
>>
People who do "bad" things often don't realise they're being bad because they have a predetermined hierarchy of morals.

For example, Hitler was able to bring himself to be responsible for the death of a bunch of Jews and other people because he believed their lives were nothing compared to the greater good of his nation.

If Hitler could rationalise a way to murder lots of people, so can you about cheating.

Most people I know that cheat, have a different perspective of life than me. I would never deliberately cheat or betray anyone because the satisfaction I'd get by doing it would be, in the long run, lesser than the suffering I'd cause to the cheated/betrayed. (I base some of my life's choices on the principle of Utilitarianism). Although, the perspective of a cheater towards life is more of a YOLO kind of thing and «what you don't know won't hurt you».

In my experience, the dumber and the more ignorant you are the easier it is to give in to imorality. But what do I know...
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.