[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wisdom teeth timing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: dental-care.jpg (13 KB, 297x342) Image search: [Google]
dental-care.jpg
13 KB, 297x342
Hello /adv/,

I'll make this short and sweet:
should I get my wisdom teeth removed a week or so before starting work and get the loopy recovery time out of the way, or should I get it done a month or so in, once I have dental insurance, and try to time it right so I don't miss too much work?

Two teeth are impacted and one is partial; without insurance it's going to cost me around 2100 big ones.
>>
Honestly the recovery time isn't very long, at least it wasn't for me. So I'd probably wait until you have insurance.
>>
A week should be fine for your recovery. It's mostly a few days after the surgery which are kind of painful.
>>
>>17174677
Do you NEED it removed?

I've heard dentists are jews and will take them out even if you don't need it done.
>>
>>17174677
Personally, I was fine the next day so a weekend was enough for me.
>>
I got all four of mine removed years ago and my face was really swollen for a few days.
I took a week off from school.
>>
File: teef.jpg (181 KB, 903x677) Image search: [Google]
teef.jpg
181 KB, 903x677
>>17175116

I need at least the bottom partial removed, it's causing some rank juice buildup between there that gushes out every time I floss, which could possibly cause tooth decay. You're right though, might be a little less without the other two (I don't have any pain at all, just the filth juice). But I would bet that a large part of the pay is for the anesthesiologist.

A lot of you are saying a few days, and I have a pretty high pain tolerance especially when I take my adderall, so I think I'll just wait for insurance.

In the event that I'm not fine by that first monday back, I guess I'll just have to quit, change my name, leave town and grow a mustache.

On a related note, how pissed do employers have a right to get if you use your allotted vacation time pretty early on in employment like for shit like this?
>>
>>17175116
This.
She tried everything to convince me to spend 1800 dollas. From they will crowd your other teeth to they will become absessed no matter what.
Seriously removing wisdom teeth is as bullshit as circumcision.
>>
>>17175594
If its abcessed get them the fuck out. If its fine and coming in like any other tooth youre fine
>>
>>17174677
I don't think insurance kicks in til 60 or 90 days after you're employed. Don't know if that would play into your decision or not, but as long as they're not causing you pain - wait and do it when you're insured.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.