[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this story is a little strange but bear with me. I was summoned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: latest-1.png (342 KB, 553x651) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.png
342 KB, 553x651
So this story is a little strange but bear with me.

I was summoned to court. The summons paper is like ridiculously important because it has ALL the information you need.

I live in a house with a big family. There are 8 people living in my house. I had a basket of laundry that I put my summons paper in. For some reason a sibling threw it away and its gone. I call the court house like 3 days before my service date. She basically tells me to call the court house on a certain day at a certain time. I wrote down everything she said. I just tried calling the jury clerk seeing if they want me to come to court. I get a recording telling me to refer to the number on my summons paper on my service date. So what the fuck? I don't want to spend jail time or pay a fine. I realize I should have taken better care of my summons paper but why are they jerking me around like this? Am I going to get in trouble for not reporting to court? I did everything in my power to follow the rules after my summons paper got tossed. I tried calling other parts of the court but they all just redirect me to that damn recording that tells me to refer to my summons paper and leave a message which I did.

Man why the fuck did this have to happen to me? My mom, dad, grandpa and grandma have never heard of "jury duty" yet as soon as I become an adult they gotta bug me with this shit.
>>
>>17174160
Yes, you will get in trouble if you just ignore it. You won't go to jail (probably) but will probably be fined.

Phone the courthouse again - or even better, go in person. Tell them the whole story. While you're standing there they can look up your original summons and print out a duplicate.
>>
>>17174261
Printing out a duplicate wont help much. Im already past the time. Today is the date and I was told to call a number and Id be told weather or not I have jury duty. But as I said all I got was an answering machine. I did leave a message with the jury clerk though. I've tried other areas of the court house but they all redirect me to the jury clerk.
>>
I feel like she gave me the wrong time. She said to call at 11:30 but that seems too late to me.
>>
I suppose my best course of action would be to go to the courthouse.
>>
>>17174285
why not just go in person?

also you won't get in trouble for not appearing when summoned, a summons is just a request anyway. If they really wanted you to be there they'd send a subpoena which means you'll go to jail if you don't come.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.