[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I see and hear stories about lots of women coming out as bisexual.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: toad.gif (433 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
toad.gif
433 KB, 350x263
I see and hear stories about lots of women coming out as bisexual. About how they're getting stuff off their chest and being out has changed their life and shit.

I have felt an attraction to boys and girls since I was a little girl.

I already know my family is against gay people. And we're already not that close anyways...

Only a few friends and my boyfriend know I like girls too. As well as the previous women I have hooked up with.

It's a feeling that I don't know what to do with. I don't say that I'm bi openly because I've seen the way people react to it. They think a feminine pretty and young girl saying she's bi is either a slut or an attention whore.

I don't feel like coming out would solve anything, but I also feel strange about myself and sexuality and don't know how to manage these feelings.

What do.
>>
Being bisexual is a meme for girls. No one will take your sexuality seriously because it's been abused too often
>>
>>17173181
>only a few friends and my boyfriend know
>as well as the previous hook-ups

You already came out you doofus. Shit like your sexuality shouldn't entail your identity. It isn't something that needs to be advertised on fb and instagram.

It is peronal, intimate, uncomfortable and bland. If the people you care about know than thats enough.
>>
>>17173194
Exactly. Which is why I also feel like it'd be impossible to even date and love a woman even though I am attracted to them.

>>17173201
The biggest issue I face is that a lot of people assume I am anti-gay rights. Generally acquaintances or friends that do not know my sexuality. Usually it is because I get physically uncomfortable/awkward when people talk about LGBT stuff. And I don't know why I come off this way, but I have very often been accused by my liberal nazi tumblrina acquaintances because I am not shouting from the rooftops that I think women are hot. And it puts me in the uncomfortable situation of wondering if I need to be more public about it.

It's hard for me to even talk to pretty girls. I can't give a girl a compliment without wondering to myself if I meant it sexually or wondering if she thinks I am a strange pervert. Which is hard as a female because females are so physically intimate with each other, even as friends. And I act so fucking rigid and prude because I am afraid it will expose me.
>>
You're thinking about this way too much.

Just be you. Who cares what the gay mafia or bigots think of your sexuality? Why give them so much power over you? Live your life how you want to live it, with no regrets.
>>
>>17173181
I'm a guy and I've had sex with a few guys in the past and a bunch of MMF threesomes, which I enjoyed a lot but I'd consider myself to be primarily heterosexual.

My general opinion on it is that "coming out" as bisexual is basically just telling your friends and family that you're a turboslut which is why I haven't done it. The people who need to know it know, the people I'm comfortable talking about my sexuality with know, but my family doesn't need to know about my sexuality.

If I were ever in a position where I was in a serious relationship with another guy then I would tell them, but until then I don't think its really necessary. Its not the same as being gay.

Just my $0.02 anyway.
>>
>>17173215
You're right. I've been under the influence of everyone around me being so open with their opinions. I prefer keeping my opinions and intimate life details to myself. But I have been publicly called out before by a "gay mafia" member and it put me in such an uncomfortable place. And it makes me feel like I'm gonna slip up and be called out again.

I've also been in a place where I've fallen hard for a girl, but she just used me to get the attention of boys.

I've been in relationships with boys, told them I was bi, and they thought it was an open door for threesomes, an open relationship, etc.

My personal sexuality experiences have been kind of terrible. Which makes me hesitant about the whole thing.
>>
>>17173233
>told them I was bi, and they thought it was an open door for threesomes, an open relationship, etc.
should it not be? Why would you tell them you're bi if you're not open to threesomes or an open relationship? At that point what relevance does it have?

Did you know that having a threesome with two girls is the most common sexual fantasy for straight men?
>>
>>17173245
I'm bi but I either monogamously date a woman I like or I monogamously date a man. I don't like them at the same time. And when I have a relationship with that person, that's all I want.

I don't like threesomes. I'm not polyamorous.

This is exactly why I don't say I am bisexual. Because people assume what you just assumed.
>>
>>17173253
ok, then what's the problem?
>>
>>17173257
Being bisexual makes me uncomfortable around normal social interactions with people, women especially. And I don't know if outing myself will create more problems because people assume bisexuals are turbosluts.
>>
>>17173261
>Being bisexual makes me uncomfortable around normal social interactions with people, women especially.
what makes you so sure the two are even connected? Maybe you're just like me, and socially awkward by nature.
>>
>>17173205
> I have very often been accused by my liberal nazi tumblrina acquaintances because I am not shouting from the rooftops that I think women are hot. And it puts me in the uncomfortable situation of wondering if I need to be more public about it.

this is because LGBT issues have been drowning in political activism and group identity politics for so long, they no longer have a frame of reference for you.

its precisely because you're NOT being an attention whore that they doubt you. For so long, being proud of your sexuality in a cliche way like a cliched strong-black-woman has become the only communication they deal in.

I don't know about your other problems, but you should expect this kind of sentiment more often than not. You have to be part of 'the cause' in their minds or you aren't genuine.

This group of people overwhelmingly does not value a sense of individuality, its all about group identity.

so brace yourself for that, you're gonna have to sift through it.
>>
>>17173300
it is understandable though, since this political activism and group identity was necessary for us to get to this point where homosexuality is openly accepted and gays aren't discriminated against anymore. Many sacrificed a great deal to achieve it and were justifiably upset with those who reaped the benefits of their work while refusing to do any themselves.

That culture will take a long time to go away now that its no longer needed.
>>
>>17173300
I see. I notice a lot of friends and stuff are most open about it on social media.

My issues with that are:

-I work for a place that strongly urges we either delete our facebooks or be completely politically neutral because I work for a school district with high profile children. If a parent of a high profile child were to see that I am even pro-gay while they oppose, they could break down the superintendent's door over it. So I can't even share a stupid buzzfeed video about marriage equality if I wanted to.

Other than that, I guess that alligns with my peer interactions too. I don't respond when they talk about gay stuff because I get nervous, so they automatically think I am against it.

It all makes sense now.
>>
I don't say i'm straight openly. It's simply not conversation topic that ever comes up.

Just be who you are who you want to be. No need to make a big deal out of it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.