[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ECT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: psychotic.gif (72 KB, 300x387) Image search: [Google]
psychotic.gif
72 KB, 300x387
My doctor wants me to get electroshock treatment? Should I do it?
>>
What is it for? Presumably he is prescribing it to you for a reason. Shock therapy is good for curing depression apparently.
>>
Do they like actually shock you with electricity? Do you know if it hurts?
>>
It is a legitimate treatment and it has shown to benefit some cases. But as a patient you are always welcome to request a second opinion, discuss your potential treatments, and weigh your options.
>>
>>17171988
It's for depressive symptoms of schizoaffective bipolar.

>>17171998
Yeah, but you're under anesthesia so it doesn't hurt.
>>
>>17172034
Well based on the information you've given us it doesn't seem unsuited for your condition. Do you have any other options for treatment? More importantly do YOU feel like you need treatment? Is your condition impacting your life in a really bad way?
>>
I worked on an inpatient psych unit that did ECT and was septical. Personally I have watched it do amazing things and change people's lives. It is quite an to climatic for the process and you just have a slight headache on the day that it is done.
>>
ask your doctor about worst case scenario and best case scenario, then weigh them in your mind and see if you think it's worth it
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.