[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Date ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1461362037223.png (499 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461362037223.png
499 KB, 1280x720
I want to ask this girl out, but I'm horrible at small talk. In fact, I've never even been on a date before. Any ideas where we should meet to make it easier? She's really open to anything, I just don't want to make it feel forced for either of us.
>>
Somewhere interesting, like a park, museum, concert, community activity, etc. Just someplace that if all else fails for conversation you can just talk to her about the stuff that's going on around you
>>
>>17171067
This.
Give yourself something to do/be doing. This makes it more interesting and engaging, with the added bonus of having something to riff on/talk about.

Ask open ended questions that are relevant to the conversation/what is happening/what she's saying, and take an active interest in her.

Above all, RELAX, and try not to take it too seriously (she's probably nervous, too, so w/e). Just be chill and have fun.
>>
at her house
>>
>>17171169
I was actually thinking about this. She said she's a great cook, so I want to taste that anyway. Maybe watching a movie together. Is that too weird? I'd actually be the most comfortable with this.
>>
>>17171232
Cooking together or being at one another's place are both solid plans, but doing a movie is usually not the best move for first date. It's better to have something that gets you talking, not sitting awkwardly in silence when it'd be 'rude' to speak.

Movie is great for date number 2, once you're comfortable together
>>
>>17171232
Plus, its natural to be at least a little outside your comfort zone at first, its to be expected, and apart of the experience.
>>
>>17171034
Go to a bar
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.