[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you stop going from 1 to 100 for literally no reason at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 495x181) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 495x181
How do you stop going from 1 to 100 for literally no reason at a second's notice without any prior warning at any random time of the day?

I was feeling completely fine literally 10 minutes ago and now I want to shriek and drive off a bridge because of a minor inconvenience that does not even inconvenience anyone, I get no tangible benefit of learning a minor detail that I do not have the access to figure out and now I want to stab myself in the leg with kitchen scissors.
>>
File: 1461823268173.jpg (298 KB, 1080x1255) Image search: [Google]
1461823268173.jpg
298 KB, 1080x1255
What do you think is the source of your irritability?

Try doing things mindfully, that is, pay attention to what you are doing at that exact moment. Might help with anxiety.
>>
>>17170675
There literally is no real source. The source is arbitrary and changes every day.

This one day I was hanging out with a friend and helping her bake a pie. It was my job to peel the apples and halfway through my work I started feeling so fucking ashamed because I was sure I was somehow doing it wrong, that I can't even fucking peel fruit right, and my friend asked me if I'm allergic to apples since my face got completely red.

I could live in a state of literal perfection and still bump into some minor fragment to feel like torture for. Literally everything in existence is horrifying and stressful and everything I fail with is always crucially important regardless of how insignificant it is.
>>
>>17170662
This sounds like me, I get mad for the smallest reason. Sometimes I get outraged for meaningless shit, minor inconveniences.

Don't know whether there's something actually mentally wrong with me, or if I'm just a very irritable personality type.

Maybe you're very stressed/depressed/anxious anon. I know a lot of problems can turn people into shitheads.
>>
>>17170697
You've got anxiety mate.
>>
>>17170662

This is me totally. Definitely anxiety.

Here is some advice:

> Don't express anger or frustration or say things even passive aggressive, you will only feel angrier and worse when you do. Make this a code to live by in your life.
> Do the best you can, sometimes you are tired or sore and can't do shit right but if you try then there is nothing to worry about
> Your mind is filled with lies, these images of perfection in yourself, perfect standards in other people, and perfect outcomes to events and tasks that you take up.
> We get anxiety and stress when reality doesn't match up with our expectations of the outcome. If your expectations are unrealistic or your ideal image of yourself and your abilities is unrealistic then normal outcomes and hiccups will feel like these enormous stressful things.
> You have this ingrained fear of acceptance that was drilled into you as a child. Your mom probably set high standards on you and you didn't feel like you were accepted unless you fit her model for you. This need for acceptance is what drives you to set this lie in your head of unattainable perfection.
> Know that you don't need anybodies acceptance, you just need to accept yourself. We are our own worst critic, but we do not accept others being more critical of us than we are of ourselves. If you are not critical with yourself you will have less stress, and you won't tolerate horrible peoples bullshit.

Your welcome.
>>
File: 1449507695389.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1449507695389.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>17170662
It's because you're surrounded by normies. The only solution is to start REEEEEEEEEEing as loudly as you can.
>>
>>17170827
I have anxiety and that helped, a lot. It covered literally everything I feel.

Thanks anon :)
>>
>>17170827
My mom literally never had any expectations of me. My older sister was the perfect Model Child and I was the autistic fuck that's allowed to do whatever and get away with anything. My family has literally never asked anything of me.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.