[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me one logically sound reason not to end my life.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: russian dinner.jpg (279 KB, 1082x1200) Image search: [Google]
russian dinner.jpg
279 KB, 1082x1200
Give me one logically sound reason not to end my life.
>>
because you are seeking one.
>>
>>17165788
That's not a reason. Somebody considering buying a great new set of headphones might be checking out if there are any good reasons not to buy them that he hasn't thought of, that doesn't mean he won't buy them anyway.
>>
>>17165786

You haven't paid me the money you owe me.
>>
>>17165795

>that's not a reason

it literally is. you want to live. otherwise you wouldn't be asking for reasons to live. not like you could find any if you didn't live.
>>
>>17165786
no matter how much pain you're in it could be worse or it could get better, no matter how far down the ladder you are you can still climb out, if you kill yourself you end every possibility of improvement. You'll never know what could have been.
>>
>>17165803
Well, I don't want to live as of now, but I'm entertaining arguments that might convince me to stay at it.
>>
>>17165806
When you're dead you won't know anything though, regardless of wether or not you were happy when you were alive
>>
>>17165811
yes but when you're dead you can't enjoy life which was my point. when you die nothing happens. you simply cease to exist and life goes on like nothing happened. Billions of people continue their lives and struggles.
>>
>>17165808

almost as if you WANT TO LIVE and are taking any excuse you can. as if you are LOOKING FOR A REASON TO LIVE AND KNOW YOU CANT FIND ONEI F YOU ARE DEAD.

but if oyu are too fucking dense to be self aware, consider the following reasons to live

>you are not some piss poor pajeet who shits blood daily with no end in sight who will never know what its like to sleep on a mattress
>isntead, you are a relatively wealthy young man with many opportunities and a thousand options to be happy, but are instead whining like a little bitch

consider NOT whining like a little bitch?
>>
>>17165818
How is that an argument against suicide though? Sounds more like an argument for it. No more anything.
>>
>>17165819
>consider NOT whining like a little bitch?
out of the question my friend
>>
>>17165824

then just kill yourself so we dont have to deal with this thread every week?
>>
>>17165821
no idea man I'm not a therapist.
>>
>>17165826
this is the first time I've made this thread
>>
>>17165786
Because you will almost certainly hurt other people, incurably, for the rest of their lives. Your mom, for example--even if you hate one another (or think you do) now, she will on some level be injured for the rest of her life while you skip off not having to take responsibility for it. You don't deserve that. If you want to hurt someone you have to fucking have the balls to do it and take credit/blame/fallout for it.

If you're an orphan with no friends or family to hurt, you're still going to ruin someone's day or worse. You will be a sad inconvenience, and your last act in the world will just be a hassle for others.

Failing these, whatever problems you have can probably be, if not solved, ameliorated. Except for the making yourself dead. There's a famous quote from a guy who survived jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge about his immediate and profound regret as soon as he jumped (jumps from heights give you a few seconds at least to reflect). He said "I realized as soon as I jumped that I could fix all my problems... Except this one."
>>
You ever travel op? Go see the world for what it's worth, theirs many different lives you're missing. People don't seem to understand, you can start over, you don't have to end it.
>>
>>17166330
>you don't deserve that
That word shows so much entitlement.

No one deserves anything. That's why shit just happens. That's like me saying, "people deserve to hurt for the things they've done, definitely kill yourself". That's not the answer, either.

A few, good sound reasons to not give up your own life are:
>its yours, and pretty much one of the only things you actually own and have control of
>any "reasons" to kill yourself are implied by other people, not yourself. If you actually didn't want to live, you wouldn't
>suicide is the pussy's option out of life. Not to sound like a dick, but if you're that weak, go ahead. Why'd you fight into life to wimp out now?
>you'd miss out on the chance to be a wacky old person
>>
>>17165786
In your intestines are billions of "good" bacteria - there are actually more of them than there are cells of you. In return for a warm place to live, they do some of your digesting for you.

So there's your reason for living - to provide a home for billions of shit-eating bacteria.
>>
OP, I empathize with you and understand what it feels like to be suicidal, but you speak as if we owe you something. Maybe if you use your own effort to find a reason that you know is within you (Since asking for a reason to lives still shows a spark of life) you will be able to slowly get out of the funk.

You have to find that answer yourself.
>>
>>17165786
Terminal goals can't be logical or illogical.
What are your terminal goals, OP?
>>
>a bucket of red caviar with a bottle of vodka
THAT'S MY DREAM!
>>
GL OP I'm wondering the same myself. Seems pretty much everything I attempt no matter how big or small I fail or screw up in some way.
I'm not concerned about being lonely, in fact I don't really like most people.
I don't really care for anything but my hobbies which are just ways to pass time so I don't see the point of putting in effort slaving away at a shitty job or going to college with all the PC bullshit.
I don't think I fit in with this world and how it's running.
>>
>>17165786
korean and japanese bbq
budweiser
>>
>>17165795
who the hell goes into a headphone store to think of reasons to not buy it.
>>
>>17166330
>If you're an orphan with no friends or family to hurt, you're still going to ruin someone's day or worse. You will be a sad inconvenience, and your last act in the world will just be a hassle for others.
Oh yes, how dare the orphan with no family who was completely rejected by society dare to inconvenience that same society with his suicide. What a reason to live for. Go fuck yourself you stupid retard, people like you are incapable of empathy.
>>
>>17165795
>That's not a reason.
Not only is it a reason, it's the only reason. You are asking strangers on the Internet to talk you out of suicide. These are not the actions of someone who wants to die.
>>
>>17167527
Not OP, but I'm in a similar situation, so I will presume to speak for him. You're right when you say that people like me and OP don't want to die, that's obvious. However, I believe we have both found ourselves in a situation where death seems like the rational decision. Even if we want to live a decent life, circumstances have made that seemingly impossible. Seemingly is the key word here, we are seeking anything we may have overlooked that would make a good life plausible, and hence OP made this thread.
>>
VAGINA
A
G
I
N
A
>>
Please keep in mind that before you kill yourself you should check your social status. You should ask yourself if your existence can in fact benefit our society or you can not. If you result to the later killing yourself is a sound decision. But if see a possibility for you to act in a way that could benefit "a greater good" it should be easy for to focus on this obligation. Either way the future of your existence lies in your own hands.
>>
>>17165786
Do it, OP. On cam and please provide links.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.