[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How I deal with really fucked up intrusive thoughts? ??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 14637373979091938879115.jpg (1 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
14637373979091938879115.jpg
1 MB, 5312x2988
How I deal with really fucked up intrusive thoughts? ??
>>
Bump, please someone
Just say something
>>
>>17163737
Everyone has them. Let them be, let them go. If you dwell on them it's gonna make it worse.
>>
>>17163756
They don't go away though, that's the problem
>>
> intrusive thoughts
Could you give an example?
>>
>>17163737
it could be a form of OCD if you get them really often.
In that case, you need to see a therapist to work on your issues.
>>
Happens to everyone and we all have to figure out how to cope. So either research methods and practice different approaches to coping or start with a therapist.
>>
When I can't get my mind to stop going over something, I get busy. Often I clean. Or I work on a project. I put music on (type dependent on what I need to distract from). That sort of stuff.
>>
File: 1461785001739.jpg (55 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1461785001739.jpg
55 KB, 640x640
I have OCD and I deal with intrusive thoughts. It used to be so bad that i would break down and cry at my desk. It's better now.

Here's the tip: Don't feed them.

Don't argue with them, give them attention, or anything of the sort. Don't try to rationalize or deny it, even if it's real easy to deny as a falsehood. They feed on attention.

Gently adjust your focus to something outside of your mind. Could be videos, a hobby, whatever. They get less frequent and less intense in time.
>>
>>17163971
this

just try to distract yourself op. it'll be hard at first, but it'll get better if you keep trying. good luck
>>
Thanks guys, I actually have gotten better with dealing with it but I had a crazy breakdown this morning that came out of nowhere, I woke up after having a nightmare about the shit I have intrusive thoughts about and it shook me up. I'm not sure if this is because I've been trying to bury it or ignore it or if it was just a rare occurence
>>
Holy fuck, just googled it and I always thought I was the only one who had this.
>>
If ignoring it or distracting yourself works for you then by all means that's probably the best way.

But personally that never worked for me. I used to and still do to an extent have various forms of physical ticks to snap myself out of it. (Though those can get difficult to hide) or I over analyze them until they become laughable for their sheer ridiculousness.
>>
>>17164740
>I used to and still do to an extent have various forms of physical ticks to snap myself out of it.
Could you elaborate anon?
>>
>>17163737
I'm still stuck on solipsism. I wish we could all get help.
>>
>>17166078
>solipsism
That's not a disorder anon, it's just a philosophical viewpoint, one that can't either be proven or disproven (which makes the whole exercise of even trying to do so pointless)
>>
>>17166236
But I have OCD so I can't let it go.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.