[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys need some serious college help. My parents are illegal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 317x253) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 317x253
Hey guys need some serious college help.
My parents are illegal immigrants and only my father works. My father gets paid under the table, pretty much untaxed cash but the college I got into requires my father to file taxes and attach his W-2s. Neither parent has any form of documentation or SSN. Would the college understand my situation? I was born in the U.S.
>>
OP here! I forgot to mention that I included every low income verification requested from the school. They still tell my father needs to file taxes even though he makes $38,00.
>>
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 600x190) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 600x190
Unfortunately you may not be able to go to college without having your parents getting sent back. not sure how you can work around it

I know I'm no help but best of luck to you
>>
Liberals love cases like this. it makes them feel big and special for helping you. Go to a relevant administrator anonymously, or send an email, and ask about your situation. Other schools would love your money I'm sure. Then go back to where your parents come from after you graduate and build that country up with the knowledge and experiences that your parents stole from the US so people don't have to live in the shadows their entire lives like your parents did.
>>
>>17162794
>parents are illegal immigrants
>I was born in the U.S.

You're are what's referred to as an anchor baby. It's very likely you and/or your parents can get deported, especially since they don't pay taxes and are basically stealing from the US taxpayers.
>>
>>17162794
Anchor baby here, its simple. Your parents either pay taxes or you wont get any financial aid. My parents tried everything including trying to see if I could claim as independent and give a fake address. They realized they had to pay taxes, only to find out they owe over 100k. I had to settle for a state school and pay full price.
>>
>>17162794
You can get a Tax-ID from the IRS, but to be honest if your parents file their taxes they are going to owe a stupid amount of money, especially considering your father is going to have to file as an independent contractor (he doesn't have to, but than it would cause trouble for his employer, if he cares about that), which is your tax bracket percent + 15%.

I would suggest you nut up, get a job, go to a state school like the other anon and pay for it yourself or something, unless you want your parents to be broke.

I would also suggest trying to get your parents on the route to become residents. Maybe even start paying there taxes after that, the IRS isn't someone you wanna fuck with.

>>17162952
I highly doubt he will be deported, he is a U.S Citizen after all. His parents on the otherhand.
>>
>>17162967
Thanks so much man, 4.0 GPA wasted ): ! I'll settle for two years at community college and do the same as you.
>>
>>17162952
Nope, under the 14th amendment he can't get deported, he was born here. His parents could, but not him.
>>
>>17163060
I am under the impression that the 14th amendment was created for the former slaves of the civil war. Being born in the US under false pretense pretty much voids the 14th amendment.
>>
>>17163068
>Being born in the US under false pretense pretty much voids the 14th amendment.
I don't think you understand that birthright citizenship means birthright citizenship
He's legally American and not going anywhere
>>
>>17162794
>>17162967
These stories help restore my faith in the system. :)
>>
>>17163068
This guy >>17163077 is right.

I can see how some would say that coming here and having a kid for citizenship is a false pretense or "fraud in the naturalization process", but at the current moment, from what the supreme court has ruled, being born here makes the person a citizen and you cannot be deported as a citizen.
>>
>>17163068
I'm guessing that you are likely a foreign poster. The objection that you bring up is probably the reason that Donald Trump is currently on his way to a presidential election
>>
>>17162794
YOU HAVE TO GO BACK
>>
OP, this is pretty fucking simple. Just tell them that your parents live in another fucking country, or that they are dead. since there's no record of them being here, there's no way they can tell you that you 'have to have it' for financial aid. what do you think happens to 18 y/o orphans?? they still get financial aid....

>>17162907
whatever you do don't TELL PEOPLE your parents are illegal immigrants ffs
>>
>>17163137
That's actually pretty smart. Just say they died in some third world country. They won't try to dig that deep.
>>
> half the thread is /pol/tards
I can't wait until Trump loses and you retards all kill yourselves.

As for advice f OP, it will be difficult.

You can try to lie like other's have suggested but doing so will bring unneeded scrutiny into your family's lives. I had two friends in a similar situation and one joined the military for the GI Bill and the other took 6 years but last week got his degree by studying+working part time and just not using any loans/financial aid at all and taking all the prereq classes he could at a community college.

I know it doesn't sound fair, and you might feel defeated and discouraged, hell you might get outright pissed once you see all the faggots who live in luxury apartments and drive BMWs their parent's gave them for getting Cs.
But a GOOD degree really does open a shitload of opportunities so you should do WHATEVER is necessary to get it. And if all else fails, at least go to trade school.
>>
>>17163091
>I'm guessing that you are likely a foreign poster

You'd be wrong. Do you realize how many 10's of billions of dollars are subsidized on illegals a year? I'm tired of them stealing resources, tax payers money and still expect freebies. It hurts the US and the LEGAL people.MAGA.
>>
>>17163214
End ur life, stupid
>>
>>17162794
>Would the college understand my situation?
They're legally required to report it
>>
op i go to yale and we have some undocumented students. i'm friends with a few of them, so i know they're having a really hard time because their parents make low wages, like yours, and they aren't allowed to work at school yet. but they're here.

they are pretty outspoken about it, but i think that's because it's after they've already been accepted and stuff. sorry if this is useless. best of luck to you.
>>
>>17163243
Your time is over
All you have left is
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.