[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>21 year old college student >missing 11 more classes to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: ayy.png (8 KB, 68x80) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
8 KB, 68x80
>21 year old college student
>missing 11 more classes to graduate
>has first ever job that doesn't have shitty pay, $10/hr
>car insurance is the worst for people younger than 25 even if you're using a shitty sub $1k used car
>public transit is all over the place in my country
>biking is an absolute nightmare because cars are everywhere at all times

I'm pissed off with having to live with my parents, and I feel like I'm trapped. How the fuck can I get out of this rut? It feels genuinely depressing to have my freedom stripped from me. I feel like my college psych is pushing me towards just saying to myself, "fuck it, I'm worrying too much about shit I haven't done yet, just do it", but I feel like I should accept reality as it is. I don't have that much money to live.

I could attempt to live near campus, but the more affordable areas are way more than 50% of my income, and my parents aren't keen about it either. Am I absolutely shafted, then?
>>
>>17162723
Welcome to the millenial college experience.

Hey at least we aren't like the Gen Xs who owe $200k because dorming at muh private school
>>
>>17162797
You're totally right about that. that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. Debt is cancer, I'm here to build credit, not kill it and continue beating it while it's fucking dead.
>>
>>17162802
So suck it up and live with your parents until you graduate and get a better job
>>
>>17162802
Well at least you have the right mindset.

I feel you man. This is my final quarter and I'm moving out one way or another. Living with parents just kills me. It's better than high school in a ton of ways, but then when you come back home, it's like coming down from a high.
>>
>>17162830
We're 100% on the same page here, it's a huge disappointment. In a way, I guess it's fine. I can save some money here and there, and spend some on clothes and vidya. Free food, rent. It's not all that bad. Wish my parents would ease up a little. They've loosened up ever since, but still... It's unbearable sometimes.

>>17162825
Only got two years left, so yeah. Might as well. Been dealing with this for 21 years straight, what's another 2+ going to do to me anyways.
>>
On the same page here as well.

An apartment complex just opened up near my community college and they said they were affordable, I emailed them about pricing and a miniature studio apt STARTS at $1100. Living and going to college in California is literally hell
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 500x332
>>17162723
Relax I'm not in college instead getting my g.e.d. and have job at taco bell for 8.25/hr while 19yr old and English not my first lenguage .... now that's a nightmare I don't even have a car .... you'll be fine
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.