[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend and I were arguing recently and I said something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: beowulf.jpg (50 KB, 421x626) Image search: [Google]
beowulf.jpg
50 KB, 421x626
My girlfriend and I were arguing recently and I said something unnecessarily hurtful to her in the heat of the moment without thinking, and now she will only speak to me in Old English. What can I do to make her talk normally again?
>>
>>17161861
>I said something unnecessarily hurtful to her in the heat of the moment without thinking
>now she will only speak to me in Old English.

That is some creative revenge right there. Seriously.

Goddamn, you should marry her. Just for a lifetime of pissing her off to see how else she gets even.

Seriously though, tell her you fuckin' love her.
>>
>>17161885
Thanks. I went down and told her I love her, and she hugged me. She's still not speaking English to me though, but she seems less pissed off and more amused by it now. She had a bit of a grin on her face while talking at me this time.
>>
>>17161861
Old English? Give examples of some things she's said.
>>
>>17161935
I don't know the language so I can't pick out individual words. There seems to be a lot of th, ch and hard g sounds, and lots of ay, ah and e vowels.
>>
One of the best problems I have yet to read about on this here board.

Thank you, OP.
>>
File: White_Dragon_Flag_of_England.png (114 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
White_Dragon_Flag_of_England.png
114 KB, 1000x600
Hwæt didon gē efne becwetan ymb mēc, þū lytel bicce? Ic gewilt geāgnian gē cunnan Ic fāran hīehþ in mīn burig in sē Lāgu-fyrd Siels, ond Ic bēon eac in manig deogol gefeohtan on Æl - Ceada ond Ic geāgnian ofer Þrīe-hunden acwellan. Ic ahebban orlege in gorilla hiw, ond Ic bēon sē ēoldre fyrdrinc in æt sē US fyrd. Eow bēon nānwuht to mēc ac efne sūm wælsc. Ic gewilt ofslean Þū sē fuck onweg eac cræft næfre lōclōcan on sē EōrÞ, gehlystan mīn rūnas. Gē mōd Þū canne sōcn from eac spræc swā Þā on sē internet? Cunnan eft, fucker. Wīt spræc swā ic spræc eac mīn deogol sætere on Þū IP is bēon hūntōÞ nū swā gē eaxle ge-gearwian for Þā scur. Ðā scur Þā ofsleans ūt Þā līðung lytel nēadÞing gē nama eow cwic. Ðū bēon fucking dead, bærn. Ic bēon in æt lands on æt tīd, on Ic canne ofslean gē in ofer sēonfen-hund þēawas, ond Þā efne eac mīn folme. Nīc Ic bēon wātan in orlege, ac I geāgnian Þā ansund US fyrd in mēc folme ond Ic gewilt brōc sē to sē rihtcynn to forleosan eow beæften fran sē land, Þū lytel cwēad. Gē wāta hwa eow lytel līst bēot form beran ofdūne on Þū, gē form geāgian æstandan eow fuhking āslīden, ac gē cūÞen nīc, cūÞen Þū? Gē gōdāwiergan dwæs. Ic gewilt dung gēris æt ofer Þū ond Þū gewilt besencan in Þā. Gē bēon ealdorlēas bærn.
>>
Grab a copy of Chaucer's Canterbury tales and read the nun's priest tale. It's about pretty much the same thing. AND it was written in old English.
>>
>>17161861
BUMP
>>
Mine is foreign. I'm afraid she'll do this when she's mad at me.
>>
>>17162220
No one's gonna think this isn't bait, but on the off chance it's not, I just have to know:

What the fuck did you do?
>>
Top kek shel probably quit soon, it's sounds like she's just fucking with you at this point
>>
>>17162205
>Chaucer
>Old English
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.