[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you just be yourself? Who am I really?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 634512.jpg (12 KB, 240x239) Image search: [Google]
634512.jpg
12 KB, 240x239
How do you just be yourself?
Who am I really?
>>
>>17161773
How do you act when alone or with the people you are most comfortable with? That is you.
>>
>>17161773

time to philisophically explore yourself.

i think at our core we are what our impulses are. the ones strong enough to act upon at least.
>>
>>17161783
That's not anyone. People are always people. People change around the number of people, that is natural. Op are you asking how to be yourself OR are you really asking how to be comfortable/happy?
>>
You have three faces. The first face, you show to the world. The second face, you show to your close friends, and your family. The third face, you never show anyone. It is the truest reflection of who you are.
>>
>>17161773
>Op are you asking how to be yourself OR are you really asking how to be comfortable/happy?
I've been lead to believe those are the same
>>
>>17161810
They are the same, but the later that makes sense to an outsider, imo.
>>
>>17161805
This.
>>
File: display.jpg (17 KB, 261x372) Image search: [Google]
display.jpg
17 KB, 261x372
>>17161773
It's the you when you aren't dominated by fear, expectations of yourself, and others' opinion of you.
>>
>>17161843
Has anyone on earth experienced a day without those afflictions though
>>
Read Alan Watts' 'Become What You Are'
>>
Identity is constructed, it's nothing without context. You are whatever you wanna be
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.