[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dealing with Strict/Overprotective Parents in College
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Manikin Bastard.jpg (14 KB, 215x260) Image search: [Google]
Manikin Bastard.jpg
14 KB, 215x260
I'm 20 years old right now and I'll be staying with my parents for the summer as I attend to a university during the school year. Right now I'm trying to get adjusted back home and my parents are harassing me about getting a job (which I'm working on) to the point where they expect me to spend 5 to 6 hours a day searching for a job or they will not let me out of the house. I would get a friend to pick me up from my place, but my parents have a GPS tracker on my phone so I can't really go anywhere without them knowing.

What can I do to make this easier on me or get my parents off my back more?
>>
Jesus ur an adult, that sucks ass. Best advice? Hurry up and get a job lol
>>
>>17158894
>my parents have a GPS tracker on my phone so I can't really go anywhere without them knowing.
Is your phone glued to you or something? Leave it at home
>>
>>17158905
Lmao yeah I've applied to quite a few places and haven't heard back yet.

>>17158909
I would but then I would have to go through them calling each and every one of my friends asking them where I am (they pulled most of my contacts from my phone as well and I really only hang out with a handful of people).
>>
>>17158918
>I would but then I would have to go through them calling each and every one of my friends asking them where I am (they pulled most of my contacts from my phone as well and I really only hang out with a handful of people).
Because the friend who's picking you up doesn't have a phone or...?
>>
>>17158894
get a job, make some money, move the fuck out. Get multiple part time jobs if need be, get some money together and get your own place dude.
>>
>>17158894
I would give them one chance to fix it. Have a good conversation with your dad about you being 20 and needing some more freedom and privacy.
If it doesn't help or if he refuses to talk to you like a man, then you need to move out. It sucks, but it will really help in the long run.
Ironically, you moving out will probably make them respect you more and they will start treating you better.
>>
>>17158894
You're 20 and they have a GPS tracker on your phone?Be a good son and tell your parents politely to FUCK OFF.I'm 20 and I'm still dealing with mother who wants to shelter me all the time and use me.You have to start drawing the line.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.