[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw no cosplaying gf How/where does one acquire such a gf?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1463497983848.jpg (56 KB, 689x933) Image search: [Google]
1463497983848.jpg
56 KB, 689x933
>tfw no cosplaying gf

How/where does one acquire such a gf?

I've never gone to a con before, but I imagine they get thirsty dudes all over them n shit. How to meet them in a setting that doesnt make me look thirsty, even though I am.
>>
File: OP.jpg (21 KB, 500x361) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
21 KB, 500x361
>op wants a girl who likes playing dress up and make pretend.

>says nothing about personality, compatibility, looks, or anything of meaningful value.

Way to reach for the low-hanging fruit, OP.
>>
>>17156574

>girls
>personality
>>
You should be aiming for a girlfriend that you can convince to dress up for you. Not a cosplayer.
>>
>>17156582
girls=/=women

A young developing tart is not the same as a developed woman.
>>
>>17156597

Where to find such a girl?
Hard to find girls to weeb out with.
>>
>>17156607

I want girls, not used up women.
>>
/adv/ is a white knight/cuckold board.

You wont get good advice here
>>
Cons really, and it's harder than hell. The idea is just strike up conversation, generally prove you aren't a sperglord and be attractive. Maybe hang out a bit but at least exchange contacts smoothly. Ask about how she made her costume, bond over mutual shows, just something so long as you don't drop spaghetti or seem overbearing. You're unlikely to get lucky there, but contact info is your minimum goal.

This is all assuming they're single and aren't ridden with mental illness (diagnosed or self-diagnosed). It's often not worth the trouble. Given your shallow criteria for women you won't have any luck at all.
>>
>>17156622
My wife's son doesn't appreciate your tone.
>>
>>17156541
>I've never gone to a con before
Cons are literally the easiest place to find cosplayers in general so change that.

It'll help if you also cosplay (and construct your costumes well), this gives girls a reason to come up and talk to you if you don't approach them first.

Go in with the aim to make friends and generally be social and you'll establish yourself in the con scene pretty quick. It'll be easier to get the interest of the more attractive female cosplayers (the ones with the most dudes vying for their attention) if you're already somewhat known (not e-famous, but just a familiar face). People are always more likely to talk to casual acquaintances or a friend of a friend or just someone they've seen/heard of before than they are a complete stranger.

Con girls are drooled over by autists all the time so if you set yourself up as just another fun cosplayer (and not a desperate loser searching high and low for any cosplaying pussy he can find) you'll have better results in the long run.
>>
>>17156541
>wanting an attention seeking whore
Shes going to cheat or get bored of you in a month. The only way to get a girl like this is find one that's older and got that shit out of her system.

Or get her pregnant.
>>
You know, there is /cgl/ on this board where you can have a taste of the fucking crazy without committing to buy the proverbial cow.

First off, you have to understand that cosplay is a very expensive hobby. The entry costs (i.e. owning sewing/prop-casting equipment and the purchase of cosplay items and cost of shipping, whether they are premade or base materials) are prohibitively high, the satisfaction factor "eh" (you generally cannot even make back 1/2 of the money you spent creating the outfit), lots of legal issues to consider (portraiture rights vs photographer copyright, what is acceptable fan behavior and what gets you in hot water with Disney, Marvel et al), the community is insular as fuck (if your name is anywhere near known, they will start drama about you and keep tabs with who you associate, what costumes you make and compare it with the same costume some other person made).

Secondly, there is a hugecat argument about how "into" the media the cosplayer is portraying a character of should be. Arguably, you could be looking at in addition to the cosplay (which is a time consuming and expensive hobby) a general weeaboo girl or someone interested in the ASSOCIATED expensive as fuck and time consuming hobbies (lolita, tabletop games, vidya, comics...)

In short OP, you won't be having hot cosplay sex with your cosplayer girlfriend. You will in reality have a stressed out neurotic person who is forever staying up nights to create costumes for con appearance deadlines that they ultimately aren't happy with, and the associated amount of CRUD that kind of shitstorm brings.

Having said that, where and how does one acquire such a gf? Start a free photography hobby where you take flattering pics of the girls and host them on a website for them to download low-res images of, start a propmaking or fanart related stuff that will earn you an artist alley table at the con, basically something that the cosplayers will appreciate and remember you for.
>>
>>17156730

I don't mind any of that stuff desu. I'd be a bad influence encouraging the behavior...

I can def do the photography/website thing.
>>
>>17156541
True that they got thirsty dudes all over them, but they're all creepy betas. If you're a fit, well-groomed / dressed man you're going to shine like a diamond in the rough.

Keep in mind that 95% of cosplay girls are huge attention whores. My gf is a cosplayer herself (lucky enough to have her in the other 5%), and shit, the stuff about her friends she tells me sometimes.
>>
start cosplaying, and join a cosplay group that has multiple women in it.

they usually like to split hotel costs when travelling.
>>
>>17157786
or be a cosplay photographer if you don't want to cosplay yourself.

but, maybe cosplay as a camera guy in a video game, like the cloud dude in Mario Bro's, or something more clever.
>>
>>17157793
Dress as Frank West and be a cosplay photographer
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.