[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am very delusional, paranoid and I have chronic hallucinations.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1457385912771.jpg (287 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1457385912771.jpg
287 KB, 1920x1200
I am very delusional, paranoid and I have chronic hallucinations. What drugs can I do which won't worsen these things in the long run?

I don't even know why Im asking this because it was alcohol that gave me hallucinations every night, so what does anyone really know
>>
Bump

How is this not a legitimate condition where the doctors can give you like "recreational but safe" medication because you're obsessed with altering your mind state with drugs.
>>
File: 1460038041308.jpg (10 KB, 300x205) Image search: [Google]
1460038041308.jpg
10 KB, 300x205
The question is how to keep doing recreational drugs and which ones to do when you're already quite fucked in the head
>>
Alright ill bite, i also suffer from delusions and paranoia; i exacerbated it by poly drug use, and to stop it getting worse i have gone teetotaler. Now to answer your main question - antipsychotics will lessen the emotional fall out from your psychosis but they also have side effects, but as far as i know there are no "good" psychotropics for people who suffer from delusions and paranoia as they will only make them worse. If your are looking for a doctor to perscribe you recreational drugs just go to a drug dealer you fucking tit.
>>
Nicotine

Thats all.
>>
>is already a drugwreck when sober
>what drugs can I use guys
I'd suggest you get blasted on common sense
>>
drugs that lower the dopamine levels might help.

I'm not a doctor, but make sense of the following sentence...
A rolling stone gathers no moss.
>>
>>17157015
>>17156273
>>17157065
Seconding all of this. I do not personally recommend starting a nicotine habit, as it is a very expensive habit to feed and will lead to some very expensive health problems regardless of whether you smoke, chew, dip etc. And people with psychotic symptoms like yours typically end up poor or lower middle class at best because a) they're not super great at decision making and b) most jobs with nice paychecks usually involve a lot of stress and/or decision making. You should be saving your money.

However, that being said, yes, nicotine does seem to help a lot of people think straighter for a while after they smoke. Hence why most schizophrenics smoke and many of them are chain smokers.

Antipsychotics sometimes work, but effectiveness and side effects vary from person to person. The pharmaceutical industry does make money on them, so you will hear a lot of "psych meds are a scam, they just want your money" stuff. But (and idk where you live but) in the US, a lot of human services and mental health agencies have free samples that they give. Sometimes it's so you can try a med, sometimes they give them to low income people as their regular med. My husband has been using "samples" of Seroquel from the county for ~4 years because that shit is expensive as fuck and we have low income.

If psychosis is severely interfering with your functioning, expect docs to try to push medication on you at least a little bit. Yes they might have an agenda. Or they might just want to see you not flip shit and end up in jail or freezing to death somewhere. But at the same time, you generally have the right to refuse treatment if you don't want it.

If I were you, I'd try a couple antipsychotics and see if they help. Get them free if possible. If you feel they're not for you, then talk to your doctor and figure something else out. But please don't try to self-medicate, OP.
>>
>>17158186
ran out of characters

Also, consider this OP: psych meds are manufactured under controlled conditions and are tested for quality. Street drugs are made in someone's private lab at best, but more likely in someone's filthy crackhouse tub. And if you're poor, you might be able to get prescription meds cheaply or free. I have never heard of a drug dealer taking insurance or operating on an income-based sliding fee scale.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.