[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How quickly can you develop a physical addiction to alcohol?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 0d6e1f3.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
0d6e1f3.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
How quickly can you develop a physical addiction to alcohol? I'm thinking 3 months on the nose. I had never been a drinker before and immediately started with 2 liters of rum a week. For the last two days I've been experiencing what felt like "delayed hangovers." I woke up feeling completely fine but then after about 2 hours I started to feel hungover. I assume I'm at the juncture where quitting cold turkey would be best. I've heard about seizure risks etc and that its recommended to just reduce consumption at first, but if I'm catching the addiction this early then I assume I'd be doing more harm then good with that approach.
>>
>>17153100
might be best to talk to your doctor about this, but I really doubt after 3 months you're so far gone that you need to worry about the more severe symptoms of alcohol withdrawal. It'll most likely just really suck for a while then you'll pull through.
>>
>>17153108
I dunno I've got a very strong suspicion that this delayed hangover thing is a symptom of physical addiction. I already told my doctor about a month ago what I was doing and thats who warned me of seizures and the reduce consumption thing.
>>
>>17153100
i've been through alcohol withdrawals. you won't get serious withdrawals at that level of drinking. go cold turkey, you'll probably just have low energy for a couple days and be irritable that you're not giving your body alcohol. physical addiction should fade in a week tops for you (probably more like 3-4 days though). if you have a mental dependence you're going to need to put in some work to stop.
>>
>>17153133
fuck so thats what it is? this delayed hangover thing? And you agree that 3 months is enough time to become physically addicted?
>>
>>17153100
takes years dude.
I was drinking a big liter bottle of Gordon's gin every weekend for a few months, since august to march. I didn't go cold turkey, but all I have had since then are a few beers now and then.
>>
>>17153100
It's probably anxiety.
Anxiety can cause nausea and headaches and other hangover like symptoms. And alcohol abuse can cause anxiety.

If you aren't drinking, like, 24/7, then just stop completely and you'll be fine.

If you get the shakes or hallucinations or anything like that, seek medical help. But I doubt you will. 3 months is pretty short.
>>
>>17153137
yes those are the most minor of withdrawal symptons. drinking green tea and eating some fruit will probably stomp most of it right out.

from 3 months you don't have a strong physical addiction, but you have formed a bad habit. you'll likely have more trouble with the thoughts/anxiety around drinking then the actual physical symptoms.
>>
>>17153168
yeah but I've been drinking every day and I've been drinking twice that amount. Trust me I'm surprised too but this delayed hangover thing is suspicious as fuck.

and also technically option 2 I can drink at work. I'm pretty sure thats a bad road to go down but it is an option. I'm just experiencing these supposed withdrawl symptoms at work ergo keep drinking.
>>
>>17153177
>yes those are the most minor of withdrawal symptons
uh oh

fuck then mark it. 3 months dude. Thats all it takes. wow

thank you for the advice
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.