[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like all the cultural material I care about is being raped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: SpaceMadness5.png (222 KB, 400x304) Image search: [Google]
SpaceMadness5.png
222 KB, 400x304
I feel like all the cultural material I care about is being raped by people who are trying to improve it, but don't get what makes it good in the first place, and end up fucking it up as a result.

So to console myself, I delve back into that stuff, I make threads about it and whatnot, to get my mind off of the retarded shit that's being done with them.

But it only ends up making me care more about those things, and when some new retarded thing is being done to them, it only annoys me even more.

So what should I do?

Should I just develop a crippling drug addiction?
>>
>I feel like all the cultural material I care about is being raped by people who are trying to improve it, but don't get what makes it good in the first place, and end up fucking it up as a result.
Do you have any idea how pretentious this statement is?
>>
>>17149764
>So what should I do?
Stop being a faggot. Don't you have real problems to worry about or something useful you could be doing?
>>
>>17149774
It's a statement about my feelings. I don't see how claiming that I know how I feel is pretentious.
>>
>>17149776
No. If you're talking about getting a job and whatnot, it all ultimately boils down to getting the resources necessary to purchase the entertainment I like.
>>
>>17149764
It happens, OP.
My best advice is start to care less about other people's creations, and begin to provide some original content yourself.
>>
>>17149784
>provide some original content yourself
But that's what I do. It only makes me more infuriated by the fact that other people don't do it right. And it's not like I'm very good at it either; if I invested myself into it enough to actually change things, I would only be annoyed more by people who do it wrong.
>>
>>17149777
That means you're not just acting like a turd; you're shitty to the core.
>>
>>17149786
I said to care less. Why do you even look up stuff you don't like?
>>
>>17149786
>people don't like the same things that I do
>I'm right, they're wrong
>>
>>17149816
>>17149786
and when I tell you to provide original content, I mean YOUR original content. Make your own art and start to worry less about the fact that the world is filled with shit and fluff. Because it is. Just think about the millions of useless Instagram photos and YouTube videos that are being uploaded every second. Only way you can compete is by raising the average by creating good stuff.
>>
>>17149859
Is it really so hard to believe? Don't fucking pretend that you don't think the same.
>>17149816
I explained you IN DETAILS why I haven't figured out a way to stop caring, and why >>17149869 this solution is inefficient.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.