[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saving money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: money.jpg (693 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
money.jpg
693 KB, 1000x600
How to efficiently save money?
Tips and tricks ?
I wish to save money for a car (and later on a motorcycle). What are the ways how /adv/isors save money ?
>>
>>17149501
Write down every single expense you make. Immediately. No matter how small or big.

Gotta know where it goes before you can stop it from leaving your wallet.
>>
>>17149501
Not spending it is the best way to save it. My trick is that before every purchase I do myself if I really need it. If I even have to ask in the first place I probably don't, so I don't buy it. I don't need a new phone. My car still works. My clothes still fit. Steak is nice but so is a $2 slice of pizza.
>>
>>17149501
Don't spend it in stupid bullshit.
/Thread
>>
>>17149501
Write down a meal plan and go grocery shopping once/twice a week, buying just what you need to cook those meals.
Don't bring a lot of money when you go out (or don't go out at all).
Buy things just when you really need them.
Choose an amount of money to save monthly.
>>
Best thing you can do is make sure you don't have any overlap with what you're paying.

For example, living alone means you don't need a LAN phone and a cellphone at the same time.

If you have internet, you probably shouldn't be paying for TV.

Do you have access to a computer at your job? If you're connected to the internet most of the time, maybe you don't need a cellphone at all, or at least don't need a huge plan.

Avoid paying for shit that you can get for free, like music, tv, games...unless you really have to.

Look at how much you're spending on food/coffees/snacks. That stuff adds up, making your own meals/lunches/bringing instant coffee saves even more cash.

Reduce the amount of times you go out to bars or dinners, since they are also very expensive.

It's really easy to do, the problem is that some people feel like they "absolutely" need everything and that "they don't know how they lived without X".

I don't have a cellphone myself because I have a computer job, people can still easily reach me...I could probably buy five cars money down right now, granted living at your parents also helps.
>>
Earn more money and put it in the bank
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.