[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Possessive mothers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: mother.jpg (90 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
mother.jpg
90 KB, 625x625
Hello guys,

Do some of you had a possessive mother and how did it affect your personnal life an relationships with women?
My boyfriend had this problem and I'm just trying to understand the whole psychological background from an external point of view. Plus it seems that his mother treated him as a girl as a child, so it doesn't help.
Please share your experiences, it's very hard for him to talk about that and I need some "tips" to understand the situation.
Thank you.
>>
It has a lot to do with narcissism. The mother overbears but often expects love in return. >reddit's raisedbynarcissists subreddit could provide more info.
>>
>>17147101
Made it difficult for me to bring women I was involved with around family. It caused some stress and hurt feelings. My brother didn't talk to my mom for a long time because she was trying to interfere with his marriage.

My mom being highly critical and demanding when I was a kid has caused more of an issue. When I'm tired or stressed I can be overly sensitive to criticism coming from someone I care about.
>>
>>17147336
Thank you for sharing your experience. It helps.
>>
>>17147101
So imagine this.
>be person with incredibly overbearing parent
>no social life as a kid, you dont develop socially 100%
>parent is a perfectionist
>my way or the highway philosophy
>you must do everuthong exactly as the parent instructs
>even if you improve the process or do it better, you did it wrong
>constant pressure on your shoulders
>always being judged and put underba micoscope
>no privacy
>lost confidence in yourself; constantly put down
>fear of relationships getting shat on
>havong to sweep info under the rug
>relationship shat on by family anyway

Its really quite horrific. Ive seen this happen to too many friends of mine, and in the case of family ruining relationships, myself too
>>
>>17147751
Theres alot more depth to the situation above too, what I've noticed is alot of parents who do this tend to feel inadequate or this occured to them.

Basically its a deadly combination of
>narcissism
>insecurity
>superiority/inferiority complex
>extremely distorted worldview
>manipulative personality
on the parents part and/or the list below happening to the parent
>broken family
>single parent
>divorced parents
>parents still together but family unit 100% dysfunctional
>parents parents were also possessive/controlling

With an emphasis on the superiority/inferiority complex and the manipulative personality.

This can cause alot of insecurity/fears/paranoia in the kid, imo pull them apart from their family, convince them to never go back, and they should be fine.**

**This is based on observations I've made, please take with a grain of salt, but I hope you get the gyst
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.