[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ Got any tips or excercises to be more fluent at speaking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: fluency-b.jpg (69 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
fluency-b.jpg
69 KB, 460x215
Hey /adv/ Got any tips or excercises to be more fluent at speaking?

Yes, I'm kind of introvert and I'm improving a lot since the last year but that's nothing to do with my talking;

I don't have scenic panic, I'm not a stammerer and I'm a over-the-average reader so I got a pretty wide vocabulary (in my native language of course). The thing is, when I talk to other people or when I'm doing a presentation at class or something, it's a little difficult to find the correct words in the exact moment and sometimes I even take long pauses to think what I'm saying or to make a proper phrase.
>>
>>17146697

Sounds like you overthink it, there are some great Ted talks on the subject.
In regards to presenting, do you make a transcript that you read through?
How do you prepare?
>>
>>17146702

Usually I prepare a speech about the subject and try to study a lot about it to make sure I talk about everything I need to cover. I always have a ppt where I write the keypoints to avoid forgetting something.

What Ted Talks do you recommend?

thanks anon
>>
>>17146733

Do you prepare the actual presentation?
I does wonders to stand in an empty room and practice your transcript. Try to just 'present' articulate and use your own words to explain the transcript you've made. It makes your presentation authentic and lessens the chance that you'll stop midway and think over the words.
>>
>>17146733
>>17146753

Check some of Julian Treasure's key points:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIho2S0ZahI
>>
>>17146753
Never thought doing that. I have a presentation on Friday so I'll try to do that.

Thanks
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.