[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
where can I find a gf (serious)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 3578375937593759357.jpg (75 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
3578375937593759357.jpg
75 KB, 768x1024
I've been on a handful of dates from tinder and other dating apps, and a few of them went great at first but I always end up crushed. I've come to the conclusion that its pretty much a horrible idea trying to find love online, so I'm ready to give the normal method of real life a try, but I have no place to start. I don't really meet anybody through my friends, I normally hang out with the same people, but if I ever do meet some girls through them, they're always taken.

I don't really think bars are a great place to find someone suitable for a relationship.

Class is over for the summer, I don't work with any girls that I'd date.

Where the hell do I start?
>>
>>17144588
yoga, dance, bookstore, museums, art galleries, neighbors, you can always try meetme.com which isn't actually online dating
>>
>>17144602

I'm too awkward for yoga or dance atm. Bookstore, how would I do that without looking like a creep?

And meetme is trash
>>
>>17144588
>I've been on a handful of dates from tinder and other dating apps, and a few of them went great at first but I always end up crushed
Go on more. Go on as many as you need to. This is a process, and you aren't above it.

>I've come to the conclusion that its pretty much a horrible idea trying to find love online
Imagine if every innovator, engineer etc. came to the same conclusion after only trying something a fucking "handful" of times

>I don't really meet anybody through my friends
Talk to more people, just talk to them, and see what happens

>If I ever do meet some girls through them, they're always taken
So? Be their friends anyways. They're people and if you treat them as such you can have a good time. Friendship and human connection are severely undervalued in society. Believe me when I say that relationships can be massive headaches, and that friendships when done right are fantastic morale boosters, not to mention you get more opportunities to meet people if you make friends with those girls.

>I don't really think bars are a great place to find someone suitable for a relationship
Don't force yourself to do things you don't want. Bars can be OK for socializing, if you are able to vibe with the people there.

>I don't work with any girls that I'd date
Why wouldn't you date them? And why does that matter?

You seem to be really caught up on getting a GF, I mean really caught up, and it's obvious. You only seem to care about women as dating prospects and not people. IMO, that's not good. And it may come through to others when you only see girls as potential girlfriend objects, not as unique beings who are just as complex as you are.

>Where the hell do I start?
1.) Talk to more people
2.) Have less of an "agenda" in your interactions, especially with girls
3.) Enjoy life, it's a journey not a destination. Become immersed with the process above and you will eventually find someone/multiple someones who like you as you like them.
>>
Hint: any woman doing her grocery shopping on Friday or Saturday night has nothin better to do. (hint hint).

And how do you meet her? simple: Try something like "Excuse me, how do I tell of the pineapple is ripe", or "I've never cooked a roast before, what do I do?" (I used to work in a grocery store.)
>>
>>17144641

Normally my mentality is 'can't be forced, just go about my business and eventually something will happen', but i've just been so hung up over one girl I'll do anything to forget about her.
>>
>>17144772
Hey man, I hear you 100%

I've been there, numerous times. It sucks ass especially when you can't have the girl you really want. But that's just how life is.

Relax and be good to yourself. You can meet women who like you for you, but only if you put yourself in a position where you're open to it.
>>
>>17144588
Just be yourself, works for me
>>
>>17144588
You're expecting too much too soon.

90% of the women you pass on the street each day would not be friend material even if you got to know them. 90% of the friends-who-are-girls you may have in your life are not date prospects. 90% of the girls you actually go on a date with may be pleasant company but not really romantic prospects. And 90% of the girls you have romances with in your life won't end up as your wife.

The point is not to put all your dreams into that one needle in the haystack. Enjoy the company of girls-who-are-friends. Enjoy a date that is a good evening even if it's not going to go anywhere.
>>
I heard working at a restaurant is a good place to meet girls.

Anyone confirm?

How hard is it?
>>
>>17145733
Any entry level/Non super physically demanding job is a good place to meet girls. Most will be really cool about being friends since it makes the job more bearable.
>>
>>17145694
not op but this is great advice. thanks, anon.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.