[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a grill that just turned 18. I'm about to go to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 500x698) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 500x698
I'm a grill that just turned 18. I'm about to go to a community college and I'm kinda sad I won't have the dorm/university experience. I was 2 Kool 2 study. I'm scared I'll miss out on things. Any advice on how to make it the best experience possible?
Another thing Is that really awkward I think and I have a hard time connecting with people. I've never been in a relationship or even come close. I'm fit and I think I'm at least average, but it's the getting close to a person I have problems with. Graduating hs a vrigin feels bad man.

I guess I'm trying to fine some advice on how to be more comfortable with people especially going into college. Also best ways to meet cool people in the least awkward way without spilling my spaghetti.
>>
>>17144331
I'm 18 and about to go to community college too. I didn't give a fuck about school so my GPA is pretty shit to be accepted intoto any real university.

Does your community college have a transfer program? If I do good in community college,my high school GPA won't matter and I'll be able to use my GPA from CC to get into a real university after 2 years. I'll save a lot of money too, which is great. You should really check, you might be able to live that dorm life after all.
>>
>>17144350
Yeah they do and that's what i want to do as well. Still kinda feels like I'll miss stuff but hopefully I won't be a complete fuck up and be able to transfer.
>>
>>17144369
just no life it for 2 years and then transfer. if you do the numbers it is only roughly 2.5% of your 80 year lifespan.
>>
>>17144331
Everyone you meet is going to be in the same situation, people literally fall at your feet begging to be your friend when you first go to university, you have to make so little effort to make friends its funny. Believe me, I'm a sperg like you.
>>
>>17144369
Ah, then you definitely have to do that, my nigga! You don't want to end up with a shitty associate's degree. Get your credits, do good, and apply to a university. Bam. Dorm life and all the dick you could possible imagine.
>>
>>17144382
A dick buffet would be ideal.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>>17144414
As long as you're not overweight, dick will come from all directions.

>pic is u in a few years
>>
>>17144331
Don't try to be some mystery bitch, just be genuine to the people you like and care about and the feelings will he nurtured from there. Or kill yourself, I guess either works
>>
not op or anything but I'm starting uni in the spring semester and not the standard fall... Will I be behind in the finding people to hang out with with stuff and be left to rot by myself or something??
>>
>>17144331
>I was 2 Kool 2 study.
>Another thing Is that really awkward I think and I have a hard time connecting with people.
>I've never been in a relationship or even come close.
>Graduating hs a vrigin feels bad man
How did this happen, exactly? All the people I know in your position weren't "2 kool 2 study", we studied because it was the only thing we could do really (no friends or girl/boyfriends). That's kind of why we have these words like "nerd". But what's your story?

>>17144653
>Will I be behind in the finding people to hang out with with stuff and be left to rot by myself or something??
Not too far behind, everyone is changing classes for first time in spring semester and they'll be finding new friends anyway.
But if you didn't manage to make any friends in middle school, high school, etc, then you won't in college either. Just fair warning.
>>
>>17144845
Well I attribute not making friends to me not really meeting anybody I was interested in.. I went to small schools with not many students so I never found people I really liked.. I am also going to a large uni so I think that would help me out allot in terms of finding people and I don't find myself to be socially autistic or anything despite not really having friends... What do you think anon any advice or anything?
>>
>>17144858
also not im not op
>>
>>17144858
Yeah if the problem is growing up in po-dunk farmland, it'll be much better at uni and you'll probably have the time of your life. Met tons of people in that situation at a uni i went to in a rural western state.

And if you are socially dysfunctional, it will help you figure out how and why, so it's a win-win situation.
What are you gonna major it?
>>
>>17144882
Well I don't live in a rural farmland I actually live in the suburbs near a city. But I do still feel like the people I have met in my small schools have all been the same and there's no real variation of social groups in these schools hence me being left out. I know the kind of people I want to hang out are out there I just don't really know how to get to them.And as for my major major I don't really know yet Ive gone in as undecided but am prolly going to try out some computer science related path or something, but I'm also very interested in stuff like audio engineering too but don't really know if that's doable as a career
>>
File: 26411094323_a759ad9982_h.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
26411094323_a759ad9982_h.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1066
>>17144331
wtf were you expecting the "college experience" to be? going to parties and getting drunk and acting like an idiot? the point of college is to study and learn what you want to make of your life. All that and more is possible by going to community college. Also like most people your age, you put to much importance on losing your virginity, you will be more satisfied finding someone you love in your own time, so don't feel like you have to "get it out of the way" that a fucked way of thinking. Stop caring so much of what people think of you and you will have less spaghetti.
>>
>>17145284
I somewhat disagree. The degree is most important yes, but in universities / dorms are one of the greatest aspects of college. She shouldn't completely ignore that aspect of herself.
>>
>>17144331
the experience is bullshit, you learn this with community college where most people are real people or older, real colleges just have kids out of highschool who would listen to the teachers and believe them even when the teachers would insult/mock them. Also if you expect like animal house stuff, it doesn't exist. Well it does if you fail all your stuff, just studying in the library is the true experience.
>>
>dorm/university experience

So you mean being a whore and degenerate, right?
>>
>>17144414
>this is what the modern day woman wants

Can't wait for them to become obsolete with sex robots
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.