[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I join the british army?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: British_Army_Logo.png (140 KB, 233x200) Image search: [Google]
British_Army_Logo.png
140 KB, 233x200
Any one know much about the British army, if I can't get a graduate job I've told myself I should consider the British army as an option, instead of becoming a neet.
Any one know if this is a good or bad idea?
>>
Are you cool with potentially shooting people or being shot by people, blown up by mines, shipped off first if there's a war? (Not a military anon, you probably want to wait for one of them for the full picture / likelihoods of specific bad situations)
>>
>>17144276
Way I see it, it was a plan B to just avoid ending up like depressed neet. I love my folks and I want to make them proud and not leech off them. If I can't land a decent job last thing I want to do is make them for it for years.

Honestly I don't know the answers to the questions you've asked, I don't think anyone can know until it's happened.
>>
I'd recommend the navy instead, almost no chance of having to kill people or getting shot at. Its mission is much more peacekeeping oriented.
>>
>>17144276
not a brit but the advice applies to all first world militaries.
theres a shit ton of other jobs you could have that is not a combat arms. the combat arms are just the tip of the iceberg, the rest of it is logistic/support work which is completely safe. op go see a recruiter to see what is related to the education you have. also consider the fact that it can take up to a year for your documentations and background check to get through so you have plenty of time to think about commitment.
also peacekeeping is a sham.
>>
>>17144386
I never considered the navy thank you for recommending.

>>17144396
It's an IT related degree, sort of scared to meet a recruiter I've heard they're pretty sly and aren't always upfront with you.
I think IL keep that last peace of advice to myself if I ever join. thank you for the info.
>>
>>17144259
I'm a US air force vet, so I know my experience will differ. But the military can set you up for getting a great job on the outside. You'll get the best training out there and you'll get experience doing that job. Add the leadership experience and discipline you'll get from the military, its a win-win. Don't listen to all the "hurr durr you'll get shot or will go to war", not everyone is on the front lines. With that being said, join the RAF, I knew an Airmen from the RAF and he loved it. Plus the Air Force of any country is more cushy, you'll focus on your job and less on war skills. Which its not as cool, but those aren't really marketable skills on the outside. And if you're getting an IT degree then get a job doing that in the military, degree+IT experience/training+military service=you'll be made in the shade when you get out. Plus after my 4 years I left with $30k in savings, so be smart and save for when you get out.
>>
>>17144482
Thank you, I should of considered RAF and navy from the start.
The RAF I think from what I've been reading they want you to enlist for a minimum of 12 years. that's a pretty big commitment.
>>
>>17144598
Damn maybe don't do RAF then lol. Whatever you end up doing if you join the military, do it to be set up on the outside, don't do something because it's badass. Being infantry is cool and all, but no one is hiring infantrymen on the outside. Goodluck.
>>
>>17144259
Sólo merece vivir quién por un noble ideal está dispuesto a morir
Only deserve to live those willing to die for a noble task.
Yea anon you should totally do this.
>>
britbong here

You'd be sent to a foreign country to fight for jews and muslims. You'll lay down your life for big oil companies, you'll see your m8s get blown up by road side bombs because our politicians lied and wanted war for their personal gain.

Then you come back home and your country is being invaded by muslims and asians turning this great nation into the shit hole you went to "liberate". Meanwhile the government you serve is passing more and more laws to restrict, monitor, constrol and censor you.

This nation is an unholy nation. it deserves the wrath of God, Blessed us the nation whose God is the Lord. Saying this now is a crime. You want to fight for the islamic caliphate of bongstein?
>>
>>17144386
>>17144448
I second this guy's recommendation. Navy is what i'm hoping to get into when I turn 19. Still working on A levels though, failing because I was a depressed stoner, but I need to get them up to B's at least. Got a few weeks to revise before exams :c
>>
There are some navy and RAF jobs that while less sexy than infantry, have low barriers to entry where you will learn marketable skills. i.e. you get to put radar technician or air traffic controller on your CV but you got the job with just GCSEs.
>>
Go out and fight while Muhammad shags your wife
>>
Do not join RAF
Air force might be great and all but you have a higher chance of just getting blown up randomly because the fighter malfuctioned
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.