[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the hell is wrong with me? Am i sick in the head?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Why do i want to do a million things at once?
I study music, so i have to study playing the recorder, reading music, violin and general music theory, but i also want to learn how to program in c++, learn other languages, practice my drawing, learn about cinematography, study Biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, philosophy, history..... the list is neverending

What the hell is happening to me?
should i be worried?

The main problem with all of this is that i can't even focus because all i think about is that i will never be able to pursue my interests.
>>
>>17141064
Do you already know some python or german? Do you already have a good grasp of calculus or linear algebra?
>>
>>17141092
i know english and spanish, basic french and russian, i know some of the basics of programming like data types, if else then statements, booleans... i totally suck at math but i really want to learn.
>>
>>17141095
*basic french and very basic russian
>>
There's nothing wrong with you. This is a sign that you are actually extremely intelligent. Just keep trying new things - before you know it, you'll fall in love with something and you will want to focus on it.
>>
>>17141099
Math should be first on your list then, because without math, you're barred off from parts of physics, chemistry, and programming. Plus math is necessary for high school/college.

W Michael Kelley writes easily digestible books for algebra, precalculus, and calculus. From there, I'd probably look on coursera if you can't find actual classes. Statistics and linear algebra are big. You could probably get away with an MIT lecture for discrete mathematics - "Mathematics for Computer Science".
>>
>>17141123
thank you anon, it's weird to me because no people close to me are like this

>>17141135
I have a book from a mathematics college that was certified by unesco, it's supposed to cover from aritmethic to differential calculus, will it be enough?
>>
Pursuing knowledge and abilities like that is not inherently wrong, but you know you are overdoing it.

Why don't you make a list of 3 things you want to learn the most and when you finish those three, go to your next activities.

It seems it will take longer, but it will be a easier process for your mind and more organized.
>>
>>17141144
No point slugging through formal textbooks if you're just getting an introduction to math. An introductory textbook will not go into the same level of detail a real analysis (about proving every theorem you learned in calculus) book will. Remember that you're learning math so that you can use it to learn other subjects like physics, so just get the basics down and move on.
>>
>>17141151
just like >>17141184 is telling me i will be making a list so for the time being i will keep studying music but limit myself to that and math/programming, i thought i had a problem because everything seems so interesting but your suggestions really make me see through it, seems to me like it's a matter of adding these three to my routine and after each milestone re-consider my goals
>>
File: Captura.jpg (157 KB, 1010x1179) Image search: [Google]
Captura.jpg
157 KB, 1010x1179
>>17141064
Im pretty much like you OP, only difference its i just ended college and I GET THE SHIT DONE

i use google calendar to program everything i want to do, and i only leave the house once per day in order to accomplish most of the things i have in my calendar

for starters you can pick a wide range degree, i would recommend an electronics engineering (not electrical), it covers most of the topics you posted, (a shitload of math, chemistry, physics, electronics, electrical systems, programming, telecommunications, acoustics, computer networks, computer science, control and automatization, the list goes on)

Meanwhile while you do your 4 years of college you can actually go to a language school for 2 hrs daily, and still you will have 2 free hours to do whatever you want, the idea is that you keep moving all day to the point of you having no energy unless you go to sleep

Also this, >>17141135 if you can program but don't have the math to back it up you will just end up being a code monkey making websites using templates

your calendar should look something like this with your phone beeping 15 min before each activity, this way you can have the time to get to the place where it will be taking place, this way you dont have to waste time thinking about what you have to get done, just follow the activities list and GET THE SHIT DONE
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.