[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one start again? Going to probably homeless for a while
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
How does one start again?
Going to probably homeless for a while soon. I'll have some money, but I won't until after I end up homeless. Even then rent anywhere near where I live is ridiculous, and if I'm forced into one of these houses I'll lose all of it within a year or two. I've thought about moving further away, but I'm not sure.
This town feels done for me anyway. After all these years I only have one friend left. My relationship disintegrated into nothing. Family isn't really anything either.
Unemployed too, complete with a 10th grade education that could realistically be considered nine when you look at how much school I skipped. I do well in whatever job I've had, and usually end up getting promoted as high a dropout is allowed.
Last year crushed me, in ways I couldn't imagine. This year seemed to start alright, but I've hit so many new lows I didn't think existed. 24 years is almost a third of the life expectancy, and I have nothing.
Is there a point to trying to start again? How would I go about it? All I see is a slow, lonely decline into death. Is there a point where enough is enough? To call it quits and say 'after 24 years of abuse in every form, after 24 years of rejection, after 24 years nothing. I am done.'

This rant was brought to you by our sponsors for the evening;
Scotch, Weed, Valium & Stilnox.
> pic probably related.
>>
>>17139113
Saying goodby to your sponsors might be a good start.
>>
>>17139155
Been clean for a long time. Today was a special kind of horrible, so idgaf.
>>
>>17139113
>Is there a point to trying to start again?
I'd say yes. I know it sounds ridiculous but there is always a chance that things will get better (although sometimes they actually get worse, but that's another story).
>How would I go about it?
Whatever you decide to do you will need money, so looking for a job might be a good idea.
>>
>>17139169
Even if I got a great job, right now, it still wouldn't cover rent and bond.
Plus there's 100k I'll be getting, but again. When I am homeless.
>>
>>17139179
>Plus there's 100k I'll be getting, but again. When I am homeless.
I'm really curious how does that work?
In any case, 100k is a lot of money(for some people), you could travel somewhere nice and warm, perhaps that will give you a new perspective on live.
>>
>>17139212
Because it's from the sale of the house I currently live in. But as I was informed with no bond or rent there's nothing I can do until the settlement date.
100k doesn't go far here.
It's like. Maybe 70k usd.
I thought about traveling, but in the end I'll just be broke and homeless at a later point.
>>
>>17139212
I'd love to just go somewhere for a couple weeks to relax, but it would just be me. I was going to take my partner, but she recently left me, and the only friend I have works 70 odd hours a week so a holiday for him is unlikely. Just seems like I'll waste my time & money where I'll simply be lonely and won't enjoy myself.
>>
>70k USD

Hell, that's a solid foundation to start a new life in damn near any place. if you live in an expensive city, look around at less pricy towns and such and see if you can find one near you with a diversity of potential jobs. Get on the job hunt fucking NOW. Not tomorrow, not when you're about to be out on the street, fucking TODAY. 70k won't get you far if you're planning on being a dumbass and living off it alone, but it'll be great to have as a cushion alongside another, continuous source of income.

Here in the US, that's more than enough to make the down payment on a new house, but you'd have to have a job to keep paying the mortgage. You're starting out a whole lot better off than the average person here, so make the best of that money and get a job. You'll go far if you're frugal and take care of it.
>>
>>17139247
Cost of living in Au is ridiculous compared to the USA. Food/power/water all that will run me at least 25k. Plus rent for a year will be up to that as well. Not to mention the fact that I need to buy a car.
Also
> implying I'm not looking.
I'm a high school dropout, I'm too old for maccas and I get snubbed everywhere else because of a lack of experience and knowledge. (Not that it's not there, just comparatively to other people).

I wanted to use some of my money to go back to school, but with the chips falling as they did I'll probably have to just go back to mind numbing labor to be able to live without spending my savings.
And even then I'll be lucky if I break even overall and not touch it anyway.
>>
>>17139260
That cost of living is insane, good lord. IDK anything about Australia, so bear with me. In Aus, are manual labor jobs (construction, utility work like trash collection, government labor like repairing roads, etc) available to high school dropouts? Do they pay better than things like retail and food service? They do here, and that's usually what people pursue if they haven't finished any education. How much does a used car usually cost? Do you have enough cash on hand currently to get a car?

Regardless, you're definitely going to be stuck with some sort of "mind numbing labor" for the foreseeable future, so it's probably in your best interest to suck it up and accept that. Everyone's gotta start somewhere.
>>
>>17139280
They are, but at the current rate I'll be crippled by 40 if my career path is manual labor. I've already done it for almost a decade, I can't take a lifetime more. I have no cash. Welfare ftw.
I had 7k, which was for rent and bond and living for a while, but this shit hole needed repairs before I could sell it so I lost all the cash I had saved.
>>
>>17139284
> inb4 welfare scum.
I've been on it for two months.
First time in my life, and I never wanted it. Just an unfortunate necessity of the times.
>>
>>17139284
It doesn't have to be a lifetime, just long enough to make ends meet while you go back to school (a trade school in a field with good job prospects and limited physical labor might be a good idea. Cheaper and shorter than an academic field.) You're right about how damaging manual labor is, but it doesn't have to be forever.

You seem like you're mainly here to vent because you're in a shitty place right now. You've still got a lot of life ahead of you. If my father in law can make a comeback in his forties after two felonies, drug addiction and nothing but high school and construction jobs under his belt, you damn well can too. Good luck on the job hunt. Even if you start out at a shit one, you'll be in a stable spot to find a path to get a better one.
>>
>>17139310
I think I did. Thank you kind anon.
It's been a while since I've had even a sincere conversation, so as little as this was it was nice.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.