[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am 22 years old, I do not wear heavy make up my hair and eye
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: FemonSeptum.jpg (57 KB, 564x846) Image search: [Google]
FemonSeptum.jpg
57 KB, 564x846
I am 22 years old, I do not wear heavy make up my hair and eye colour is similar to pic related. I have the facial structure to pull off a septum and I have wanted to get one since a young age. I do not do wild things like piercings the only piercing I have is my ear lobe. I told my mom I was thinking on getting a septum and she told me it look like I was trying to look like a teenager.

Do you think it be tacky for a 22 year old to get a septum? I dress very bohemian chic and I am in a creative job.
>>
>>17138344
holy fuck if you look like pic related you could pull off almost anything
>>
>>17138344
The girl in OP's pic could rob a bank based on looks alone
>>
>>17138349
T-thanks Anon, but do you think for someone my age it would not suit them? When you think of septum piercings do you think of someone who is fifteen?
>>
Post your real face?
>>
>>17138344
It's not about hair and eye colour, it's about face shape, symmetry, body type.

You probably look nothing like the pic so there's no sense posting it.
>>
>>17138344

I personally find septum piercings off-putting. I dont think it would make you look young so much as poor.
Just my two-cents
>>
I don't think it changes how old you look, just how trashy. The only tolerable nose piercing is a nostril stud. Anything else looks trashy as fuck.
>>
>>17138355
I can see where you're going with this if you're dressing bohemian chic. Why don't you try wearing a fake septum first? I feel they're more understated anyway, so it could be a good test run to see how you look with one.
>>
*shrug* you could go ahead and get one, but the truth is that you're not going to be taken seriously by a lot of older people.

I say this as someone who actually likes septums.

Is what it is though, do what you feel comfortable with.
>>
>>17138405
Thanks Anon I will give it a test run first.

>>17138414
Thank you Anon

>>17138381
>>17138374
Thank you Anons for the input

>>17138360
I do not feel comfortable posting a picture of my face on 4chan. Everything is archived. I do not use social media either.
>>
Pls OP don't listen to these fags and get that septum done asap.

Piercings are really mainstream nowadays and septums are pretty cool.
Btw, you could always turn it inside your nose if you wanted to hide it.

Also, I know many 18+ girls who have one.
>>
Do it if you want to, you don't have anything to lose. If you leave it 5 years you will probably regret not doing it back when you really wanted it.

People care a lot less about other people's appearance than individuals imagine.
>>
Well The cool thing about septums is that they are pretty easy to hide ond don't really show a hole or anything if you take it off, so I suggest you try it out. Experimentation is always good in my book..
>>
File: FB_IMG_1463026279458.jpg (51 KB, 626x642) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1463026279458.jpg
51 KB, 626x642
>>
Post face and we will decide
>>
any face piercing makes a person unfuckable imho
>>
>Do you think it be tacky for a 22 year old to get a septum?

It'd be tacky regardless of your age.
>>
You're gonna look like more of a whore than you already do.

But hey it's whatever. You're probably a leftist Tumblr type girl. Everyone knows anyway.
>>
The response you'll get depends on where you live, I imagine. I'm 23 and I've got one, I live in western Europe, and nobody ever comments on it except trying to make conversation by asking me if it hurt. I haven't had any trouble getting jobs, but I am quite well-qualified and not in a customer-facing role so I don't think it matters as much.

In my experience, nobody seems to care about it. I've had it since I was 16 and I'm married now, so I don't know how it will impact your relationship prospects, since I spent my whole dating life with it in. But as for employment, I've got every job I've applied for since I graduated university.

I say go for it.
>>
>>17139637
>Whore
Implying that I degrade my body with attracting unwanted attention from strangers. I dress very artsy but professional. As for my political views go I am a libertarian, I like to read Christina Hoff Sommers books and I really respect Lauren Southern. I do not own a tumblr account nor do I want to its the female version of /r9k/. I like to read Greek mythology and my favorite past time is photographing birds. If I was like a tumblr girl I be unemployed and entitled with a lack luster of hobbies and interests. I also would not be on 4chan because tumblr girls can not handle satire.

>>17139676
I live in America. I am going to give a test run for a week with a fake one. It is good to hear you have enjoyed yours for so long though.
>>
the look like a teenager concern seems pretty flimsy.

its not too old and if it fits your look/wants/job go for it.

personally that's my least favorite non-spacer type piercing (god those are hedious), they just seem gross to me. but if u like them that's what matters here
>>
Na my gf has one abd works at a brewery and is in her mid 20s. She usually has ones that she can flip up into her nose when she needs to but not. Have to take it out. Noones ever said anything rude about it except her old retail boss but he was a cunt.
>>
>>17138344
septum piercings are gross
instant dealbreaker and automatic assumption that you are just another crazy, trashy skank to be pumped and dumped
>>
Instead, OP, you should get over yourself.
>>
>>17138344

>Do you think it be tacky for a 22 year old to get a septum
Fuck yes it is. Makes anyone look like a farm animal.

>>17138349
Only if you're a cuck that pedestals her.
>>
File: react.webm (565 KB, 488x508) Image search: [Google]
react.webm
565 KB, 488x508
>>17140163
THIS
>>
>>17141852
>see pic of blonde blue-eyed model
>3/10 gril, has nose ring
>le edgy negging meme
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.