[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it /adv/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9
File: screenshoot.png (439 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
screenshoot.png
439 KB, 1080x1920
How do I reply to replies like this? I know she's interested, she laughs a lot at all the jokes I say and she was the one to message me first.
>>
Girls too cool for you.
Best bet is change the topic on to something you're more comfortable with.
>>
Start talking about something you want her to hear, instead of complaining about trivial stuff that only concerns you.
>>
>>17137863
>Girls too cool for you.
There's no way, she's a dork like I am and again she was the one to message me.

>>17137866
I was just trying to get the conversation going (see first message) and expected her to follow suit. I didn't want to keep flip flopping the topic and have the conversation go all over the place. I reached this point and decided I needed an outside opinion on my next step.
>>
>>17137872
FORD
Family
Occupation
Recreation
Dreams

But don't spend your time making small talk over text. Ask her to hang out some time.
>>
>>17137872
You asked her about her week. She wasn't doing what you thought she was doing.

Then, instead of asking her what her plans are, you started to talk about yourself. It's completely normal for people to want to do that, but it's not the right way to talk to girls. It's your job as a man to get them talking about themselves and to suggest fun things you could do together. Being value to her experience of talking to you.
>>
just say 'lol trust me. wuu2 tomorrow wanna chill?'

easy. sorted. thank me later
>>
>>17137880
Cool acronym, will remember.

>>17137886
I suppose you're right. I just thought I could get the ball rolling I guess but it ended up just me talking to myself essentially.
I should ask her what her plans are for the week then?
>>
>>17137887
This.

Thank him after you get da pussi b0ss
>>
>>17137916
>I should ask her what her plans are for the week then?
Only if you know what to say to any of the replies she might give you.
>>
>>17137880
Out of all the useful advice I've gotten on 4chan, this adds the total to 5.
>>
File: shotscreen.png (108 KB, 1080x850) Image search: [Google]
shotscreen.png
108 KB, 1080x850
>>17137946
oh fuck, I wasn't expecting I'd get this far.
the panic starts now
>>
>>17137958
You're such a dork. lol
>>
>>17137958
Oh shi--

She wants your D!!!

Don't fuck this up
>>
>>17137963
I know I know. I haven't been really interested in a girl since high school so I'm pretty rusty.

Now I wait for the response, next post will be juicy.
>>
She's retarded
>>
>>17137958
>yeah? Anyone I know?
>there's this awesome [whatever she's interested in] that I might go to on Saturday. Wanna come?
>>
>seen 10 minutes ago
the panic has gotten deeper. she must be figuring out a way to let me down gently.
is it over
>>
>>17138015
Or.... Shit has come up. Or other stuff. Just wait
>>
Hoping the best for OP.
>>
>>17138015
Let you down from what?
Whatever you do, just come off as being outcome-independant.

Her:
>just really busy, have plans with friends I haven't seen in a long time.

You:
>sounds great! If you're going to [a place you both might go to] I might bump into you, otherwise have a good catch up with your mates. Maybe I'll meet them at some point who knows
>>
>>17137880

I disagree. I'm sorry. This is some Don Draper fantasy ALPHA male shit. Its like the Louis C.K. episode where his dad teaches him how to fuck a girl, but he is teaching him some 40 year old love making shit, when he is a 15 year old tryna pop one off quick on old susie q.

Girls like this don't require a lot of investment. Don't worry about keeping her entertained. Hit her up every now and then with a "wyd?" and a "nice nice. You wanna hang out?"

Simple as that.
>>
>>17138036
>gives everyday advice on small talk
>tells OP to go hit her up instead
>don draper fantasy ALPHA Louis C.K. love making shit
>>
>>17138015
Hahahaha
>>
>>17138036
>Its like the Louis C.K. episode where

Stopped reading there.
>>
File: rip my hopes and dreams.png (136 KB, 1080x901) Image search: [Google]
rip my hopes and dreams.png
136 KB, 1080x901
I know I'm overreacting but holy shit is this a red flag or what. 30 minutes.
>>
File: 1.jpg (232 KB, 718x1280) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
232 KB, 718x1280
>>17138079
Be a bit patient. Though when I invited a girl out she replied damn near instantly. Within like 2 minutes or so. But it is still to be seen as a rejection. I posted her stuff a few days ago. If you want an Idea of her convo, I can provide the rest
>>
>>17138079
No this is good OP. Now you can put down your phone and do other shit. Try online dating and hit on strangers, it'll make you feel better.
>>
>>17138101
Yeah I'm trying to be. I know she very well could be busy with something else, but she's responded to every other text within 10 minutes at the maximum. It also says she was last online 7 minutes ago, whatever that means.
>>
>>17138138
Man stop it, you WILL have your answer don't worry.
Leave your phone for a moment and do something else ffs, waiting that badly for an answer will make your next move so bad. Just relax
>>
File: 2.jpg (242 KB, 722x1283) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
242 KB, 722x1283
>>17138138
Ah. Give it time. In my case, the girl actually went to sleep while were were talking, so she did not reply till early morning. Honestly, I think you are fine so far.
>>
>>17138158
>>17138160
Shit you're right, worrying about it won't make her respond any faster.
Guess this is a good time to do a little spring cleaning on my HDD.
>>
EJECT OP EJECT
>>
>>17137858
>>17137958
>>17138079

If she hasn't replied by now then it's probably a no, OP :(

[spoiler]I sincerely hope that I'm wrong, though[/spoiler]
>>
File: 6.jpg (219 KB, 719x1280) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
219 KB, 719x1280
>>17138215
>>17138186
Like I said, Give it till morning. Something could have come up, or could have fell sleep.

Granted in mine, I kinda screwed up at the very end, though I think that she may have have looked past it judging by the reply later on.
>>
>>17138236
Alright I'll wait then.
Should I not give a followup message and just wait?
>>
File: 5.jpg (170 KB, 719x1280) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
170 KB, 719x1280
>>17138265
I think thats were I goofed, so No. Just leave it for now,
>>
Your reply saying we should chill reeks of autism lol
>>
>>17138277
and 'lol trust me. wuu2 tomorrow wanna chill' doesn't?
>>
File: 2016.png (248 KB, 1080x1846) Image search: [Google]
2016.png
248 KB, 1080x1846
I mean as bad as it seems now, she must have /some/ interest in me, right?
This was a conversation from 6 months ago when I tried to ask for her number. After this the conversation kind of fizzled out and I didn't talk to her until she messaged me a few days ago.
It's obvious what my intentions were, there's no way she could have been surprised by the "hanging out" message.
>>
She might not be interested girls love attention, I dont ask a girl out until atleast talking for a day or two.
>>
>>17137858
lol dumb ass she doesnt like u at all, just sounds bored
>>
>>17137958
????
>>
>>17138069
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3yvSaU_ob4

you missin out
>>
Damn, this thread makes me feel insecure
>>
She replies to what you ask her, but she doesn't ever offer anything to the conversation herself. Have you discovered many mutual interests / hobbies? Your chat is as stale as hell.
>>
Any updates?
>>
Didn't expect the thread to still be up to be honest.
>>17139644
Nope, not a peep yet and it's 12:00p over here.

guess it's a lost cause then, boys.
I know this is going to sound delusional, but maybe she didn't feel like she could've responded?
For example, she could have seen the last message as:
>cool maybe we can chill
and didn't want to reply with a short "yeah" or "maybe" or something? You know what I mean? Like maybe she didn't think the message warranted a response.

Is it okay to message her in like a month?
>>
Send her a good morning and then say something interesting man, it's good practice if nothing else. I was in same boat and eventually found someone amazing.
>>
>>17139739
>something interesting
like what?
I was never one to be a Slick Rick, as you can see in the previous messages posted above.
>>
>>17139730
Ah. Sorry. Still though, albeit something did come up.

Look on the bright side, at least there is some level of closure.

I was the one posting my screens, and in my case it is still in fucking limbo.
>>
If you have a sarcastic side try to throw in a little of that I talk to girls like I do to my friends, girls like banter.
>>
>>17137957
Would you mind sharing the other four?
>>
File: PANIC HAS AWOKEN ONCE MORE.png (332 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
PANIC HAS AWOKEN ONCE MORE.png
332 KB, 1080x1920
WHOA HOLY SHIT SHE RESPONDED
Pretty sure this thread is blessed by the beta Gods so I will keep it alive as long as it can.

>>17139797
I'm super sarcastic and so is she, one of the reasons why I want this to work out.
>>
>>17137858
She's not really interested. But if I were you, I'd schedule a meet up if she's free and find something to do. If she says yes she may like you.

But the context between you guys seems more like friendship than anything else.
>>
>>17139813
what where did the rest of my post go.
Anyway, I was thinking of responding something like:
>When are you available? I'm pretty much free any time, unless it's like 4:00 in the morning or something
Trying to add a little humor.
>>
Don't push it more
>>
>>17139813
Well she responded, but now it's in limbo. Probably a little worse than my situation.

You can try and tell her to text you when she's free.
>>
>>17139827
>>17139828
okokok so how about:
>Cool just message me if you want to hang out. I'm pretty much free any time, unless it's like 4:00 in the morning or something.
>>
>>17139828
Don't tell her to text you "when you're free". Don't tell her you're free any time. Does it really have to be explained? Either find an event or choose an arbitrary place/time that fits you, suggest that. As in "This Wednesday I have the evening open, would you like to catch up? Cofee shop What3verthefuck (not shitbucks) has new beans/ Gallery whateverthefuck has a new exhibition of microdicks we could check out, I think you'd like it. "
>>
>>17139813
she doesn't seem crazy over you. Just ok with you.
>>
>>17139855
It's not like he has given her a reason to respect him from what I've seen. She definitely doesn't hate him, that's a start.
>>
>>17139851
Ok, I just thought that I might be pushing it if I asked her to a specific place. I guess I'll ask to grab a coffee at some cafe or maybe ask her to join me for lunch at a local pizza place.

Also the reason why I'm being so cautious with my replies is because this is kind of new to me.
Not dating in general, but over social media. I've had a good amount of girlfriends before during middle/high school/freshman year, it's just that they've all started with an in-person connection unlike this situation where it's all been over instant messaging.
I'm treading new territory and it's hard for me to gauge reactions/responses over text rather than in person.

I'm actually a pretty normal/kind of dorky guy in person, again it's just the instant messaging I'm a little rusty at and I just need help to get the ball rolling.
Once I establish a connection in person I'll be fine.
>>
>>17139937
No, it's the way to go. Just look up a reason why you want to go to that specific place. If it is the pizza place, google up if they have some special pizza- write in the message that you, yourself want to check it, and she can come along (not these words, but that is the idea). Also, read about the pizza, get excited about it, if there is an awkward silence, you have one card up your sleeve, in this case, a pizza slice, you can say- Oh man, I really can't wait to try that pizza, this one critic that has been dishing all the places in the town said this is one of the best pizzas he has ever had and my expectations are way too high right now, but I just have to try it-. I don't, whatever thoughts you actually have. Not only does it open up a chance to talk about stuff, but also it will make her feel as if it is less about her, and more about you two trying the pizza, which will take pressure off of her. +It will make it clear you think about other stuff, which is good.
>>
>>17139995
The messenger game itself at first is about getting to meet irl asap. After that you can message regarding the previous meetup/next meetup/stuff you found out you both like
>>
>>17139813
That's not good. What little punctuation she had just went out the window. Friend-zoned as fuck.

Completely a dismissive text, which makes sense in the context of the other messages since she wasn't interested in actively pursuing a conversation.

Sorry, Anon.
>>
>>17139813

That's a polite "no", anon. If she wanted to see you, she'd make time for you. Actually, try responding with:
>is that a polite "no"?
>>
>>17139851
I suppose that would only be after you suggested a specific date and time. Then if it does not work leave it for her to suggest a time, if she does nothing, then leave it
>>
>>17140002
>>17140841
It's weird, given the evidence I'd say that it seems like she isn't interested, but why would she message me 6 months later if she wasn't? That's really the biggest part that is bothering me.
Like you'd figure if she wasn't interested 6 months ago she wouldn't bother messaging me, and at the time I thought it was a lost cause so I gave up pursuing her, only to have her message me half a year later.

She really doesn't seem like the type to string people along, sounds dumb but I associate that with a "popular girl that gets all the guys and strings them along to keep up my social image of myself" not the "I post pictures of my cat with different snapchat filters because I haven't had a boyfriend since middle school" like what I'm dealing with.
>>
Ask her to fuck you got nothin to lose
>>
>>17141521
That is a bit odd for her to randomly do that. There may be something there?
>>
>>17141638
That's what I'm sayin. That 6 month hiatus is throwing me off. It isn't like I'm desperately clinging to a small chance there might be something, I genuinely believe there is some sort of attraction from from her end.
I'm confident I can have her fall for me if I just get one meetup, that's all I need. Just to get my foot in the door. I'm a 7-8 and a fun guy, a shot is all I need to lower her guard and relax.
>>
>>17138359

Please grow a spine
>>
>>17139813

Honestly, in situations like these it's best to apply the Brad Pitt rule where you imagine that if you were Brad Pitt and had asked her to hang out if she'd take 16 hours to respond and if that response would be, "lol maybe I'm working a lot"...I'm afraid you've messed this up in a way that it cannot be repaired.
>>
>>17139937

I know people who are casanovas online but shy irl but I've never seen someone who is a real life casanova but then as shaky as you are in these texts. You honestly act as if talking to her is some sort of privilege and you get hang up on details like how long it takes her to respond
>>
>>17141715
I see what you're saying. Like you said I get hung up on details and second guess myself.
In person I'm more charismatic and conversation flows a lot more fluid/naturally for me. I can gauge a lot more from a person while face to face rather than a few words of text.
I understand how strange it sounds but I work better on my feet and on the fly. I make quick decisions in a conversation and trust my instincts. While in an instant message I can't help thinking
>okay I'll say this. Should I add a little humor? Maybe an lol? Seems too bland, but haha seems too much laughter. How would she respond? Maybe I can adjust this phrasing. What if she reads it the wrong way? I'd have to add a little to reinforce what I'm saying. Does this sound pushy? Maybe I'll tone it down.
Shit like this plays in my head when generating a response, while again in a conversation it just flows naturally and I improv more fluidly.

This is the best way to describe it, as stupid as it sounds.
>>
Girls suck balls at texting. My current gf did this when I first got her number so I quit talking to her for months and completely forgot about her, then ran into her in a class so I didn't care anymore so I would always send her shitposts and she loved that and eventually invited me to hang out. I've been dating her for well over a year.

Id probably quit for now and try to restrategize
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.