[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to avoid getting burnt out? My workload is pretty extreme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1459295330430-adv.jpg (32 KB, 444x458) Image search: [Google]
1459295330430-adv.jpg
32 KB, 444x458
How to avoid getting burnt out?
My workload is pretty extreme as I am working and going to school and I have very little time for other things.
>>
>>17136993
Just tough it out for a little bit.
>>
>>17136993
By not taking EVERYTHING super seriously.
By accepting that amount of effort is not equal the results.
By getting something which will distract you from self destruction (hobby, gf, family).
By being optimistic who can see good things no matter what.
By actually enjoying what you do, no matter what other might say, think or do.
>>
>>17136993
Accepting that you did the best you could given your current constraints, even if it didn't meet your own standards of achievement. It's easy to say, but hard to accept, esp if you're used to producing top quality work in everything you do, getting A+s, etc. But you don't have to knock it out of the ballpark every time. Not at the expense of your sanity/health.

Also, I suggest that you listen to outside forces, too. i.e., it has been my experience that your family and friends recognize burnout long before you actually admit it.
>>
Eat more and get on vitamin supplements. Alternatively (not recommended) get on some kind of stimulant like adderall
>>
>>17137381
I'd modify that by saying eat a better mix of nutrient-rich food rather than eat more in general. So, more whole foods and less processed crap. Your stress hormones might keep you from being a fatty, but the processed junk and fast food you eat will just make it even harder to keep going.

Second the dis-recommendation from stimulants. A decade of pounding an abnormal amount of caffeine left me immune to its effects, and what I can assume is a permanently damaged heart valve. no good.
>>
>>17136993

hey kid want some adderall
>>
>>17136993

Try to schedule nice things when you can, a dinner with a friend or family or so, a trip to the park or a museum or an exhibition or to the cinema.

Try to schedule at least one day off.

Make sure to clean and do dishes in small amounts constantly, so you won't have to use days off for cleaning.

Eat right and it is extremely important to get your sleep, so no coffee or stimulants after 6 in the evening
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.