[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Me vs. The Other Guy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1452113888505.jpg (148 KB, 1080x1349) Image search: [Google]
1452113888505.jpg
148 KB, 1080x1349
I'll try to put this into a simple timeline:

>known girl since 2014, loose hookups since
>this year, in january, she meets a guy at the beach
>gets enamored with him
>around february/march we start getting to know each other better
>all while she's still casually seeing the other guy
>things get intense, lots of words exchanged
>eventually we have sex, I'm her first, in everything
>she immediately gets weird afterwards
>after two weeks of weirdness confesses to me that she's got a dilemma
>sometimes she feels like she loves me, and sometimes it's just a crazy attraction, and at the same time she "identifies" with this other guy
>basically she's split between me and him
>say to her that I wanna be with her
>think some progress will come of this
>it stays weird
>yesterday I finally open up about all this and tell her that she's acting different since we slept together and it's disturbing me a lot
>she replies with "I don't know what to say" and goes to sleep (shutting wi-fi off)

I'm frustrated and at my wit's end. What do I do?

Pic related, she looks like Holly Earl.
>>
Break it off, save the trouble

Probably not ready/old enough to settle down

Probably has messed around with this dude already

Probably will stay on your mind even if she chooses you

>Probably

You won't break it off though because boys are retards for girls up til they are 25 or 30. My suggestion is to make it clear what you want (assuming you want to be with her) and have her make a choice.
>>
Not worth it. Let it go.

Ironically, when you do let it go, she'll probably be more interested.

Also, she probably also slept with the other guy
>>
Try to stop caring about her, be glad for the sex and cuddlan, as long as it's on the table but start to look for some other girl that actually wants to be serious.
>>
>>17136494
See, this is where I'm split. All guys friend I talked to told me to take off running because this can only end in shit.

But my best friend (a girl I've known for like six years) told me she understood her and that I should try to win her over and make her fall in love with me by being great an amazing. And I tried doing that last week, but honestly she's not helping me.

So I'm also split between which path to take as I've been wanting this girl for nearly two years. She's also about the single prettiest chick around here, no lie.
>>
>>17136471
If you want this girl, make your terms clear. If you are looking for a steady exclusive relationship, tell her this. If she is not interested, tell her to call if she changes her mind, and walk away. Don't be friends, just remove her from your life. You deserve someone who is aligned with what you want out of life.
>>
>>17136502
>she understood her and that I should try to win her over and make her fall in love with me by being great an amazing

Because women loved to be chased even by men they aren't interested in. Yeah, there is a chance you might win her over... after sharing her with one or more dudes for an extended period of time. Every girl wants to feel special. Want to drive a woman nuts? Want to know why there is that whole 'women love assholes' idea going around? Women prefer men who stand up for themselves.

Your girl best friend is still ruled by girl brains and doesn't really give a fuck about men.
>>
>>17136502
Girls give horrible advice when it comes to girls

Seriously, they romanticize everything in their heads and rarely give the best/most practical advice
>>
File: 1434220451157.jpg (21 KB, 300x219) Image search: [Google]
1434220451157.jpg
21 KB, 300x219
OP here, regarding some stuff:

I always had a crush for her but was totally content being fuckbuddies or whatever and taking things casually, mostly because I know a relationship would be difficult as our schedules are totally different. I even suggested to her that we just fool around sometimes and have fun and she said that sounded great. It was HER who came out of nowhere with "sometimes I think I'm totally in love with you" and all the confusion.

Before we started hooking up again we would talk like friends about life and other people and I always thought it wouldn't last with this guy. She has complained to me on numerous occasions about him being clingy and this turning her off, even citing once when she went to the beach and he kept calling her all weekend. She doesn't seem that attracted to him. So I also don't understand this. I don't know what the fuck "identifying" means.
>>
>ITT: OP receives the same advice from /adv/ that he did from his friends and refuses to listen and hopes someone will tell him to keep chasing her

Why'd you even come here senpai
>>
>>17136518
I am listening, seriously, I'm also trying to describe the situation as best I can because there are a ton of things happening in my mind at all time.

It's that thing where you start thinking about every single detail you can and they all conflict the message and then it's just confusing.
>>
>>17136514
Who cares what she thinks "identifying" means.
Think about yourself, you're pretty much sharing her with the other guy, who may eventually give you shit/cause trouble for you.
You're not in a relationship, all you have is a crush. Those die away in time.

Tbh fampaichi, sounds like she's more trouble than she's worth.
>>
>>17136519
There's too many red flags, I've heard soo many stories similar to this one and not a single one of them ended well. It's constant drama with no reward.
>>
>>17136529
>>17136530
You guys are both right, I guess my main issue is being swayed by looks and suffering from oneitis. Part of me thinks I'll never get someone this attractive again if this flops.
>>
>>17136544
How old are you?
Stop over thinking, stop with the lack of confidence and stop letting this girl manipulate you. She told you she thinks she loves you only so you would stick around. She wants the attention, love and whatever else you give her without having the title of bf/gf. The only time you should chase someone to make things work is a wife or husband. She isnt even your gf. She will continue to side step if you keep asking her where things are headed with you both because she doesnt want to lose you as her emotional tampon.

You sound young. You sound dumb. Everyone here is telling you to get over her and move on. Even I, as a woman, is telling you to stop letting her fool you. You shouldn't even have her as a fuckbuddy bc youll just fall harder for her.
>>
>>17136585
I'm 20, I feel old because I'm not a teenager anymore but I know I'm young.

You sound pretty reasonable. And the things that were said about the advice my girl friend gave me also stuck with me a lot.

I might just stop responding to her today.
>>
Literally in your same situation.
'Identifies' means they are the same, she and that guy.

I know you want to believe and that's why you're hoping. Mine ended in shit just like your buddies said.
Cut all contact, no friends, no fwb, or the ride will never end.
>>
>>17136666
Can you tell me your story, please?
>>
>>17136667
Sorry, I can't. It'll only surface the pain. I've been trying to forget.
I was stupid and prolonged it. This >>17136585 & >>17136530 happened. They never loved me just wanted my love. Now I'm suffering like the idiot that I am.

The fact that these happened
>yesterday I finally open up about all this and tell her that she's acting different since we slept together and it's disturbing me a lot
>she replies with "I don't know what to say" and goes to sleep (shutting wi-fi off)
tells you exactly her stance and how things will pan out. She doesn't give a fuck about it and can't be bothered. I even got the exact same reply.

I know it's hard to cut her off at this stage, but trust me on this one: the regret of continuing this, and the after pain is 100 times much worse than this.
>>
>>17136693
And did she end up with the other guy?
>>
>>17136697
In a way, yes.
But afterwards I've cut contact. idk and idc wtf happened to them.
>>
>>17136471
Alright, kid. Here's whatcha do: move on.

This aint the mother of your kids, this isn't a woman who has even begun to figure out anything in life - about herself, or how to hold a responsible relationship.

Move on. You really wanna tell this story to your kids? Move on. You'll get over it.
>>
OP here. She left me hanging yesterday night (in the conversation I described in greentext) and reappeared today 9PM. She said she really didn't know what to say and I replied "ok." fully intending to end the conversation. She then said

>Ok?
>Anything but ok

And my blood began to boil. I was very angry at her. We argued a bit and I stopped replying.

Guessing this is it.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.