[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to I get a job without references? Every job I apply to eventually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: chief_keef_770.jpg (35 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
chief_keef_770.jpg
35 KB, 620x349
How to I get a job without references? Every job I apply to eventually require them. My problem is I don't have any nor know anyone outside of immediate family. What do I do?
>>
Try a temp agency
>>
>Make up a bunch of jobs and list your family members phone numbers with them.
>Get your family to pretend to be your old bosses
>>
I'm assuming you're taking about character references instead of references to verify that you actually worked at the places on your resume.

You could use a teacher. A pastor. A family friend. Don't your parents have any respectable friends that have known you for a long time? Have you ever done any sort of volunteer work?

Also, what the above anon said. Temp agencies will take on anyone with a pulse, and you can reference the managers from the contract jobs they give you.
>>
Bit of a specific example, but during my application with UPS there was no place to list references, nor did they ask about them during the interview. Not sure if other regions are like that.
>>
>>17135345
>Employer Googles company
>No results
>Employer Googles reference
>Derp Potatoson's Facebook page
>Relationships
>Uncle to OP
>>
I'm a home schooled shut-in so I don't have any teacher or friends. Literally only know my family.
>>
>>17135397
Your parents don't have friends who know you?
>>
>>17135331
LIE
>>
File: 1424382653190.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1424382653190.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>17135345
yeah that will work.
>>
>>17135397
Have you tried volunteering before? Great way to get a foot in the door to a future job when you have a rec.
>>
>>17135402
No. I'll try to see if they'll help but I doubt it. Thanks for the idea.
>>
>>17135422
I tried before at libraries and places like that but they asked for references. Maybe I asked at the wrong places?
>>
>>17135437
Might want to look into just literally meeting new people, making connections. Are you a student? Does your family know someone you can do some work for, like basic stuff (babysitting, lawnmowing). This is a good way to start building connections.
>>
>>17135455
They probably do. If they don't, do you have any ideas on where I could make connections and meet people? Preferably free
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.