[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I text her to ask what've happened when she suddenly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (126 KB, 705x623) Image search: [Google]
image.png
126 KB, 705x623
Should I text her to ask what've happened when she suddenly stopped texting me?
>>
>>17134867
No.
But depends on time.
Don't be a bitch and whine though.
Play it cool OP.
>>
Wow, way to explain the whole situation.

But I can already tell you that you should probably just leave it. There's not gonna be any situation that will be improved with you texting her asking "But whyyyyyy????" No matter what words you use, that's how it'll sound.
>>
>>17134878
So how long should be okay? Or never?
>>
>>17134867

I get the impulse, but one of two things will happen.

One:

>Why haven't you been texting me?
>The non-response continues and you feel desperate for double texting

Two
>Why haven't you been texting me?
>"Sorry, I've been really busy" or some reasonable excuse
>You feel unreasonable and desperate.

It hurts, but if they want to text you they will.
>>
No. The quickest way to a girls heart is to ignore her indefinitely... because she doesn't have a heart, she's a girl.
>>
>>17134889
But beyond the feeling of desperate we still texting them back. This sucks.
>>
>>17134890
So if they come back to us,they want us I guess?
>>
>>17134906
Well, they want something. As per what that something may be, only time can really tell.
>>
>>17134886
Sorry, was food time.
How long has it been anon?
And what was the last things you both said?
>>
>>17134940
Like more than a week already. The last thing was saying goodnight stuff. Haven't heard from her since.
>>
>>17134966
Shit I fear this. It's like what if we're both abstaining waiting for the other to make a move?
>>
>>17134976
So should I text her "why do you stopped texting me?"
>>
>>17134976
Only one way to fight yourself, and that's to out endure yourself. If you know that you are abstaining, then you know when you'll give in. If you don't give in, and she gives in, then you know this to be true.

An important thing to do when it comes to reading purpose and intent from irregular messages is to study the initial drive or direction of the conversation. When this person contacts you, what is their directive? It can be direct, or indirect. It can be as simple as human contact without further emotional ties. Just be careful, man. You'r investing yourself in the unknown.
>>
>>17134994
That sounds pretty fucking confrontational. Take the "me" and "you" shit out of there.

>Is everything alright? We haven't talked in a while.
>>
>>17134999
>>17135005
So I should wait until when she gets back to me. If not i know she's not interested anymore. I don't want to sound desperate especially when I think she has another one.
>>
Depends on how frequently you've texted and whether or not you're blowing it out of proportion, like if she texted you a couple times about assignments or something and you got attached.

If you need to send something make it something like "Hey, I haven't heard from you in a while, has something happened? I was getting a little worried."
>>
>>17135021
Well dude, there's two ways to swing this.

A) The direct approach

B) The patient approach

The direct approach solves the issue of time sensitivity at the cost of potentially creating distance. The patient approach is afflicted by the issue of time sensitivity, but is less likely to create distance.

Pros and cons.

When you're overcome with emotion, and on edge, it's generally best to calm yourself before making a decision. First and foremost, you need to be independent irregardless of intention. So long as you can sort that out and follow through your intent with actions, then it's all good.
>>
File: subtle-anguish.jpg (15 KB, 500x318) Image search: [Google]
subtle-anguish.jpg
15 KB, 500x318
>helping friend install Debian on his home server
>he hands me his phone to look up something
>his phone is suddenly blowing up with messages from his girlfriend
>"hey babe you there?"
>"are you gonna reply?"
>"or not..."
>mfw this is all within ONE minute

I love my friend but god DAMN he chooses the most mentally fucked up women to date.
>>
wow no wonder you fucks can't get laid.

Text her this
>"I'm going for drinks tonight, join me"
if yes
>"Cool, meet me at *Place*/I'll pick you up at *time*"
if no
>"No worries what are you doing tomorrow"
if nothing
>"Hang out with me"
if busy
>"k I'll hit you up next time I'm free"
Protip:
Don't use text to build attraction or to be the main form of communication between the two of you. Girls have way too many guys texting them all the time so you'll just end up getting lost in the crowd. Stand out. Spend time with her in person.

Texting girls is literally the easiest shit ever. If you're putting this much stress on texting a girl, meet more fucking girls.
>>
>>17135105
ok i text her

>"I'm going for drinks tonight, join me"
if yes
>"Cool, meet me at *Place*/I'll pick you up at *time*"
if no
>"No worries what are you doing tomorrow"
if nothing
>"Hang out with me"
if busy
>"k I'll hit you up next time I'm free"

we will see what she responds
>>
>>17134867
too vague
>>
>>17134867
Common etiquette is to quit after three texts. the second is a simple repeat of the first, in case the first did not go through due to some technical issue or user error. This sort of thing happens all the time.

The third text is sometging along the lines of "If you are still interested in speaking with me, please respond." Note the wording: it's explicit-yes, not explicit-no. "If you want me to go away, please respond" is a serious breach of etiquette, and can get you branded a creeper.

If you get no response to the third text, then it is safe to assume that you are being ghosted. It's a cruel and destructive practice, but there isn't anything you can do about it without putting your entire reputation in jeopardy. The only pragmatic thing to do is to let her go.
>>
File: 1400928081788.gif (2 MB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
1400928081788.gif
2 MB, 250x200
>>17136169
Good post, but I would like to say that I would never say "please respond". I'd rather say something along the lines of: "If you are still interested, I'd love to hear from you".
>>
>>17134867
Well when this happened to me with my gf I ended up finding out that she was cheating on me with some other dude. I didn't message her for like a week and when i did it got a shitty response and then i found out she was cheating. So good luck OP
>>
Not OP but interested in this topic
how dangerous would you say double texting is in general?
>>
>>17136684
I wouldn't say it is bad as long as you don't over do it in the messages. Just don't seem desperate for their attention
>>
>>17135105
ok i see you point, but what if you only get the chance to meet the girl once every few days, isnt texting a good way to let her know you're interested in her?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.