[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rent increase, Jewish landlords.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 6c6.jpg (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
6c6.jpg
33 KB, 500x500
I'm gonna try and hit every major point I can here without writing to much.

Just wondering my next move here.
I live in Manitoba, Canada since every state and province has its own laws.

Ok. So dude bought our building, said he'd do major renos and up the rent.

Rent is upped, my main question are these two things.

One of the biggest increases was becuase of new fridges and stoves (that weren't needed, but that ship has sailed) how do I go about proving be didint just refurbish the 20 or so "old" ones that he replaced and made money off them. And if so, can that be relevant in my argument to lower rent. (There's a residential tenancies branch that moderates all this stuff)
Should/could that be an argument for me?

Second, the building was painted internally. All the suites. But then painter that did the painting let it slip that the landlord owns the painting company. Well that can obviously lead to some made up receipts. How do I go about prooving he paid what he did for the painting. And maybe get a second opinion on an estimate. $46,000 seems like a bit much)

Thanks for reading. Just don't feel like getting scammed. Pic sort of related.
>>
>>17134700
How much are you going to have to pay extra? I actually live in the same province as you (funny enough) and my landlord doesn't make me pay for their renovations or repairs, I thought they could only up the rent 1% this year, double check that.
>>
>>17134718
Yea, it was an above the guildline increase. (Which was approved)
These are considered major repairs, though I disagree. These are just two things that I think I may have a chance with. Rent went up 36%
>>
>>17134718
Also. Small world.
>>
>>17134700
You can appeal any change in rent. You may or may not win, but nothing will happen if you don't appeal.

Check the "habitability" laws. A landlord has to make a place fit for living in, and this is sometimes specifically defined in law. For example, he might be required to paint every X years, and can't charge extra for that. He might be required to provide appliances, and replacing one used fridge with another might not qualify as an upgrade.
>>
>>17134700
I don't see what the landlord's religion (which you don't mention in the body of your post) has to do with anything.
>>
>>17135836
Ah to be young and underage again.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.