[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
conflicting scheduling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: existential feels.gif (993 KB, 924x507) Image search: [Google]
existential feels.gif
993 KB, 924x507
okay /adv/ I royally fucked up

I ended up scheduling two (actually 3 but I got out of one already) important things on top of each other

> 1. An athletic game event that I've been training for for months. I joined it as part of my ROTC team.
> 2. a music festival that a girl I like invited me to. I've blown over a hundred dollars on the ticket + other stuff for this event

I've decided to go to the music festival. I feel like a shit person, but I wasn't going to get close to winning my events anyway. I'm going to be able to cancel and drop the team a little over a week before the event.

The excuse I've come up with is
> my parents just informed me that I'm going to my cousins wedding over the weekend
> they always schedule stuff and forget to tell me until last minute
> I never told them about the event cause why would I? they figured I was free since it was a weekend and they thought they already told me
> They already bought the tickets in advance so I HAVE to go
> I bought 2 tickets for the flight there and back for $800 (wew) and I plan on showing my team leader the flight receipt (I can return them and I will immediately after)

Do you think this is a good plan?

Do you think it will work?

Do you have a better idea?

Am I a horrible person?
>>
>>17132941
update to plan:
> claim that my cousins wedding videographer flaked on him last minute and he needs someone to do it
> he asked me
I have done professional quality wedding videography so it isnt a huge stretch

somebody pls give me advice
>>
>pls respond
>>
>>17132941
I can't help but think I wouldn't spend that much money on a shitty music festival, and I can't help but think I wouldn't leave my bros for a girl that isn't even significant and obviously just riding your theoretic golden cock.
>>
>being this pussy whipped for a girl you're not even dating
>>
You could argue that I'm pussywhipped. I'm still a virgin and I really like this girl, obviously planning on dating her. I also hardly get to do anything fun, due to me not having very many good friends and being ridiculously busy all the time. I'm much more excited about the festival than I am about the athletic event, even though i definitely would have fun there too.

I promised to do both things though, but I will have less of an effect on one of the things if I'm not there. That thing being the athletic event.

Plus a detail I should add is that the event isn't even officially part of the ROTC program, although that doesn't detract from the fact that I signed up for it and trained for it as part of the team.
>>
Which did you agree to go to first? That's the one you go to
>>
>>17133527
I've made a lot of stupid decisions for women I can barely recall the name of today, and you're bound to make a few yourself.
>>
>>17133607
Oh, for sure, I've definitely made some stupid decisions for women

isnt it worth it to make a few more?
>>
>>17133532
I definitely decided to do the athletic event first..
>>
>>17133729
Then you go to that. It's literally that simple.
>>
>>17133719
depends on what you're giving up.

You're going to meet a lot of women in your life, how many times are you going to get to do this event with your ROTC bros?
>>
>>17133744
idk I'll literally be able to go to this exact event for the next five years. I'm certain of this since ROTC is stable (unless of course I switch colleges)

I'll probably only be able to go to this festival with this girl once, who knows what'll happen after this year.
>>
>>17133762
hey man, as long as you can justify your own decision, that's all that matters.
>>
>>17132941
Your excuse is way too complicated.

> Really sorry guys, just realised it's my cousins wedding that weekend. Sorry, can't make X event

Think hard about which one you'd prefer.

FYI you can probably resell the festival tickets.
> Hey really sorry, like an idiot I double booked this festival with X sports event which you know I've been training for for months. Promise I'll make it up to you. How about dinner/drinks/date idea here?

If she knows you skipped the event for her, she'll think you're too into her and will NOT put out at the festival. Just a heads up
>>
>>17133762
>I'm going to go to this festival and I want /adv/ to help me justify to myself why bailing on my friends in favour of a girl I'm not even dating is okay
>>
>>17133771
>>17133779
I'm already going through with it
> tfw its too late to turn back now

also my ticket is non-refundable (JUST)

sometimes you just have to take a risk and do some stupid shit to make the right decision
>>
>>17133809
Okay, it's your life. If you want to get caught in a complex spiral of lies just to possibly have the chance of getting with a girl, then that's your prerogative.
>>
>>17133809
I figure that I'll either be laughing about how dumb I was down the road, or I'll be remembering how much fun I had

>>17133815
> prerogative
I hate this word. My gay roommate kept saying it when he was subtly trying to make me hook up with him

I'm usually a straight arrow man. I dont like lying and it makes me feel awful, but sometimes you gotta lie
>>
>>17133825
>I dont like lying and it makes me feel awful, but sometimes you gotta lie
This isn't a situation where you 'gotta lie', but okay.
>>
>>17133827
I already dug myself into a hole, might as well keep digging till I reach the other side
>>
>>17133841
You haven't dug yourself into a hole though. All you have to do is say "hey, I fucked up and got dates wrong, I won't be able to make it to this festival, maybe we could catch up some other time?"
>>
>>17133847
I did it

I did it and I was successful

I feel bad, but they aren't gonna have a problem replacing me on the team.

I'm a good lier I guess
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.